Please help me with car ideas

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's an extreme otaku isn't there, like the dudes who buy 20 copies of the latest AKB single to vote and go to 'handshake' events.

There's an extreme otaku isn't there, like the dudes who buy 20 copies of the latest AKB single to vote and go to 'handshake' events.

They are called "weirdos"

Haha.

I think it's how the word is used. Though generally I would say the nuance is on the negative side. Seems to be when I have heard it used anyway.

Actually, otaku is pretty much the same as "geek" or "nerd" or "dork".... Guys into cars especially bad ass LandCruisers are certainly none of those.... :naughty:

;)

I just "pulled the trigger" on a Daihatsu Terios Kid K car. Should be good for running around and saving the LandCruiser

So the daihatsu will be good at getting the cruiser out of a bog :D

I just "pulled the trigger" on a Daihatsu Terios Kid K car. Should be good for running around and saving the LandCruiser

Lol

That's like an ant trying to budge an elephant..

How many cars you guys need?!

Hey,,,if there wasn't shaken I'd have more than three. One is the wife's car, one is for Monday to Friday driving and the third is a hobby weekend driver.

The Terios is such an ugly colour I just ordered some flat black and carbon fiber vinyl wrap.

How many cars you guys need?!

The Subaru thats my wifes the truck and Delica are mine.

Only need two cars bit I need my truck for my work.

But actually have been thinking about getting a fourth car something like a Jeep or the Mercedez G class SUV purely for off roading. Basically get a used one chop it about a bit give it an 8-10 inch lift add bullbars to it upgrade the tyres, breaks, put on a snorkel, slap on a load of super brights spot lights and give it a custom paint job.

Kind of a dream project for me but if I had the time and money to waste then I would do it.

Maybe in a few years time.

Not sure my wife would be happy if I splashed out 5-10million on a car mainly to use off road.

Hey Snowdude...we need to talk my friend. ;)

Why the Jeep or Merc..?

IMHO>>> Jeeps are fun but highly unreliable and break A LOT. Even the Rubicon JK's. Not as bad as anything Rover but not far behind. If you're not a wrencher then you'll be miserable owing one. G Class... very capable but not great for Japanese style offroad. They are an overland rig pure and simple. We had a G Class come out with us to Fujigane last summer and we were able to see firsthand exactly why. Their high roof line makes the truck have a lot of body roll and to compensate they have really heavy duty sway bars to stiffen things up. Thus they have really crappy articulation and you have to have the lockers engaged half the time which makes it a real bear to handle and effectively doubles the physical size of the vehicle because maneuverability is so much affected.

Just get an 80 series or 70 series short body LandCruiser and be done with it. They are the almighty pinnacle.

8 to 10 inch lift you say... :omg: That's the outer limits of lifts and there's a lot of trade offs you have to weigh. I have 6 inches and I wouldn't want to go any higher. An 80 series is about the only vehicle that can handle a higher lift.

I have always liked the Jeep, it has this bad ass rugged I can go anywhere look to it, and well they pretty much can go anywhere. I know they do have a reliability problem, although the newer ones are certainly a lot better nowadays.

I just like the simplicity, and ruggedness of the design, basically like a "dune buggy with clothes on", is how I describe it.

As for the Merc, I like the G class, because it is very military in design, a bit high I know, but it again screams bad ass and they have mountains of torque and very capable.

Yeah I know 8-10 inch lift is pushing it, but doable. It would totally f:@k-up it's cornering ability on the road, and rolling it would be a bigger danger, but it would look awesome and would be a whole lot of fun going through some wild terrain.

While I also like the cruisers, very nice cars, very capable, I just want something a little less run of the mill, want for a better expression.

Like I said it's kind of a dream at the moment, but certainly something I would like to do at some stage. I basically want to get a bad ass looking 4x4 and rig it out to it's absolute max off road ability.

Sure thing! But it may be a while off.

I am happy to do some wheeling with my Delica if you want to meet up sometime for that.

I dont mind driving it through mud and bumpy terrain and even rivers if not too deep, but not keen on doing rock tracks or anywhere its possible to hit/catch the cars bodywork. I dont like dents and scratches on it.

If I came into a load of dosh, I'd work my way through a few old classic cool cars, one at a time. Maybe start with an early 70s Fairlady Z. And build a garage to put it in.

Sure thing! But it may be a while off.

I am happy to do some wheeling with my Delica if you want to meet up sometime for that.

I dont mind driving it through mud and bumpy terrain and even rivers if not too deep, but not keen on doing rock tracks or anywhere its possible to hit/catch the cars bodywork. I dont like dents and scratches on it.

Ya...not to worry. I'm too much of a puss to wheel mine hard. It's just too damned pretty and I don't want to ding it. Ask around and see if there are any "rinkan" mountain roads or trails in your area.

If I came into a load of dosh, I'd work my way through a few old classic cool cars, one at a time. Maybe start with an early 70s Fairlady Z. And build a garage to put it in.

I wouldn't have a garage...I'd have warehouse... nothing new either.. except maybe an Aventador. Ahhh....one can dream..I guess..

Aventador huh, now that is one sexy piece of machinery.

Yeah I will ask or try to find out if there are any off road mountain trials in my area.

Must be some around Yatsugadake.

The Jimny crowd are always pretty hip to the local trails. We might have issues with our size and getting lots of nasty pinstripes. If all else fails we could meet up a the base of Fuji at Fujiyoshida and spend the day cruising the Fuji fire roads. Also, I'll let you know when our group is going offroading. There are always sections for the not so adventurous and if you want to hit the hairy sections you can ride along with someone else...That's what I do.

Maybe I have a "scale of dreams" problem. Mine only cost 3 million for the car in decent nick and 2 million for the garage, not 40-50 million for a Lambo and however much a warehouse costs! ;)

For those who don't know, the Fairlady Z is basically a made in Japan E type Jag. Super iconic.

330px-1971_Datsun_240Z_Series_I.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub: