Please help me with car ideas

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hey thursday how about this for "Automatic"! No need for a wheel.

----------

Google is to start building its own self-driving cars, rather than modifying vehicles built by other manufacturers.

The car will have a stop-go button but no controls, steering wheel or pedals.

Pictures of the Google vehicle show it looks like a city car with a "friendly" face, designed to make it seem non-threatening and help people accept self-driving technology.

Co-founder Sergey Brin revealed the plans at a conference in California.

_75137869_vehicleprototypeimage(hi-res).jpg

Last week, when it was my turn to drive, I wished that a self driving car would be available. All the fabulous food and Awamori to stuff my face with and I get hunkered on driving duty.

Making the thing look like a dweebmobile will " help people accept self-driving technology"? :confused:

fwiw, I think the techology is cool. I wonder how you park it and if you get any say in the matter.

haha...And here I am searching for a used car with a manual transmission ...for the "connected driving experience" you don't get from an automatic.. :lol:

That would be me too searchimg for a manual.

I hate automatics and would hate even more a car that drives its self. No thank you.

I like driving I like to be in control of the car. Sitting in a car having it drive me everywhere would be like sitting in a taxi. No thank you.

There nice little cars, a few months ago I looked at getting one to replace our R2, but couldn't get a good low milage one with a turbo, so gave up on it. Unfortunately they stopped making them.

It is certainly a good idea to have the K to keep your cruisers millage down. This time of year my Delica hardly moves off the driveway, maybe just once a week, I am either in my truck or in the R2. Even with that I am doing 10,000k + in my Delica, well actually doing that in all our cars, doing about 30k a year between the three.

I'm probably doing about 20,000+ a year as well. The goal is to keep the Cruiser at a 8k to 10k per year pace. Diesels need to be run at least that or they start having issues with seals in the injection pump. It already leaks oil here and there but that's to be expected with a 20 year old engine with 230k kms.

The Terios has only 5.6k kms on it. And with the turbo and 5 speed it's fairly peppy. I got it for a good price because it's an "ugly as sin" blue/purple. So I'll probably at some point wet sand it out, mask it off and have the local body shop splash it with a basic cheap dark blue. If I can find longer front struts I'll lift it up a couple inches, chop half the front and rear bumpers and add some 16 inch Jimny wheels and mud terrains so I can wheel it a little bit. They look pretty cool like that. The Terios has weak front CV joints but they are cheap and easy to replace. Parts in general are pretty cheap and quite plentiful which is nice.