Please help me with car ideas

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for cars, there's loads of fantastic ones to buy if you are not restricted to one that can carry x kids or y amount of gear for your job or hobby. If you don't mind buying second hand, the choice is even more. No need to rush the decision :thumbsup:

I love looking at the second hand car books. I can read them, or more like drool over the pictures, for hours.

If your work involves going to see people and you want to impress them, 10-15% more than a new BRZ gets you a low mileage (20-30,000 km) Porsche. Something like this Cayman.

9571980A20131206W00105.jpg

I don't like Porches either, and they certainly would not impress me, more scream out only a "tosser" drives a Porche!

Instead an Aston Martin Vanquish or Vanquish Volante now that would impress!

Thing is, do Porsches actually 'impress'? Or read 'mid-life crisis' or something else? ;)

The price of 911s in Japan impresses me, and that car looks quite like one. :happyshades:

I remember the local police chief saying that that Ferrari pile up last year was on its way to "a meeting of narcissists", but most Japanese folks aren't anywhere as dry as that.

To them, having a flash car just means you like cars. None of that British cynicism there.

Not impressed by Porches, but I do like the Cayenne Hybrid.

Second hand 911s just shouts fat bald wanker in crisis.

So THATS why I like Porsche's!!

Come now, Tubby. You're not really in crisis, are you?

Can you get second hand Rolls Royce's here?

There's a few dozen on Goo. The modern ones have crappy headlights and look like newish big American saloons or even that wacky Will car Toyota make, so what you want is an old one with the double round lights and the Parthenon in chrome in between.

Like this Silver Shadow. In a word, REGAL. And I don't mean twenty king size. Buy a jacket with lots of medals on, ride in the back and you too can be Phil the Greek.

It's actually on sale near my missus' home town, from the aptly named "Boss.net". 4 million yen to you sir.

0900140502W400134802800.jpg

Can you get second hand Rolls Royce's here?

There's a few dozen on Goo. The modern ones have crappy headlights and look like newish big American saloons or even that wacky Will car Toyota make, so what you want is an old one with the double round lights and the Parthenon in chrome in between.

Like this Silver Shadow. In a word, REGAL. And I don't mean twenty king size. Buy a jacket with lots of medals on, ride in the back and you too can be Phil the Greek.

It's actually on sale near my missus' home town, from the aptly named "Boss.net". 4 million yen to you sir.

0900140502W400134802800.jpg

That's regal indeed....however, I think we have to consider staying within Maru's budget range...... here's a happy compromise. Regal yet fiscally responsible... :wave:

1969-vw-beetle-rollsroyce.jpg