At first, I thought I should just go for the bigger numbers but after reading and learning and later on checking myself, realized that a higher magnification equals Shakey. Which might be good for pie-eater, but...

A good level to go from, I reckon, is 10x42.

That's what I did - I have Nikon Monarch 5s, they are brilliant.

No doubt you can spend silly amounts if you like, but I doubt many people like that idea.

For the money (less than 30,000 yen), my Nikons are fantastic, I certainly don't feel the need for more and didn't find the ones much more expensive particularly better when I tried them all.

A bit of bird watching, bags? :evilgrin:

Interested in twitching on a bevvy of great English tits, are we? :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

If we're talking about tits, I think I would generally prefer Japanese ones, but as I'm here most of the time and I don't think there's that many here.

So yes, birds and mountains and stuff.

Those Nikons sound good muikabochi.

:thumbsup:

The Japanese tits in the UK probably migrated with their partners to rear offspring. Or joined their partners who were forcibly deployed there. Sadly those would be sagging by now.

The Japanese tits around university campus however would still be perky given the freshness of the experience of having migrated to a new, more messed up environment.

Go on, tell us how much yours were thurs. We all want to know and you want to tell us, dozo...

;)

OEM means original equipment manufacturer. They make generic stuff for brands. It costed very little as I picked them up in Ap Liu street market, the dossers market.