• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there some special Japanese for that "special winter brew", Tubby?

Not that I am short of beer at the moment!

It was written in English :D

Although there is some Kanji blurb next to it from what I can remember......in the name of science and SJ-comradeship, I'll track down more cans and find out for you later today.....after I sober up from last night.....the things I do for you, Muika! :cheers:

Tbh it's pretty unremarkable.....just a lager

Yeah not the best beer but at that price you can look like a cool guy bringing beer for everyone at your coworkers BBQ on a Saturday afternoon. If that's the kind of thing you are into... Looking cool and all that.

Fuyumonogatari ain't nothing special. Thats been on the shelves for years :)

Didn't say it was special .....every winter it's on the shelves

**well actually it seems I did say "special".....but didn't mean it in that "it's awesome" way.....????

I usually buy cheaper beer, but among ji-biru, Captain Crow from Toumi, Nagano is my new favourite. Its super florally citrusy hoppy, a long way away from mainstream Japanese beer.

Seiyu currently have Hoegaarten for 215 yen, so the same price as Yebisu. The Spitfire round here has shrunk to 330ml bottles though.

Definitely! They did it without warning too, so I never got my 100 bottles in. The Hoegaarden is definitely hitting the spot though.

I didn't notice before but Seiyu also do "milk chocolate honeycomb bites", which are basically cinder toffee like a Crunchie, only in big nugget form with more surface area and therefore more chocolate. I went in the last time determined to resist the very tempting and entirely yummy fruit'n'nut chocolate but came away with them instead. :doh: