• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hitachino Nest Weizen Project progress update: epic fail. Finished work and rushed over to Archive Beer Boutique and they didn't have any. They said to try another joint (Craft in Red Hill) and they didn't have any. Both shops said to come back in a week or so as they should be getting some in.

Doh !!!

Thanks for the advice Tubby....well MiJ? have you tried it?

I've had six cans of Akiaji and it seemed like it's lost its aura as the most interesting regular price Japanese beer.

I suspect it may not be as good this year, but I'm also sure the competition around it is getting better.

fwiw, the Seiyu cheap Spitfire is now a goner, but they still do an a Shepherd Neame organic IPA at 290 yen for a 500ml bottle, so you get a decent British ale for standard Japanese lager price. The Spitfire was happo-shu price.

I have had about 4 akiaji so far, I can't say I am disappointed.

If I hadn't have read the comment here, not sure id have noticed.

Though I do very much like Kohaku, which is My Boom at the moment.

Good job I have 2 cases of each.

:)

I've had six cans of Akiaji and it seemed like it's lost its aura as the most interesting regular price Japanese beer.

I suspect it may not be as good this year, but I'm also sure the competition around it is getting better.

fwiw, the Seiyu cheap Spitfire is now a goner, but they still do an a Shepherd Neame organic IPA at 290 yen for a 500ml bottle, so you get a decent British ale for standard Japanese lager price. The Spitfire was happo-shu price.

No it's not, my SEIYU has it in......it must be regional because for a while it didn't have any of those British ales

I have had about 4 akiaji so far, I can't say I am disappointed.

If I hadn't have read the comment here, not sure id have noticed.

Though I do very much like Kohaku, which is My Boom at the moment.

Good job I have 2 cases of each.

:)

Can't admit to noticing much myself either.

I suppose in this case ignorance is bliss!