• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Baird Beer in Shuzenji for some work and interview with some of the staff there yesterday. Great place and well worth a visit. Especially for views like this:

1554635_10152350750838299_6398201428794739534_n.jpg

Boltmaker voted Best Beer in Britain

A West Yorkshire beer has been named the best in Britain.

Timothy Taylor's Boltmaker was crowned the best beer in the country at the Great British Beer Festival in London.

The Keighley brewed real ale was judged to be the finest ahead of a host of other finalists across seven different beer categories.

The Campaign for Real Ale (Camra) competition involved bitters, ales, milds and more from small microbrewers and large regional brewers.

Timothy Taylor's head brewer Peter Eells said: "I'm speechless. We work very hard to produce great beers and we really believe this is the best beer we can brew - so to have it acknowledged in such an important competition is absolutely fantastic."

This year's silver medal went to Oakham Citra, from Peterborough, while the bronze award went to Salopian, Darwin's Origin from Shropshire.

anyone tried this beer?

Well had some Thai beer, not bad, not the best but certainly nice on a hot day.

Not easy to buy beer here anywhere unlike Japan, unless you go into a wine bar or restuarant that sells beer, many actually dont.

Having one in my hotel room.

First game of the season for the Toon last night, so I had some brown ale.

The "miracle" one made by Sapporo. They sell in only in convenis by the sounds.

Full bodied, but nothing special. I won't buy it again.