• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fortified beers are rank. Fortified wine like Thunderbird or Buckfast will also get you pished quicker if that is the objective. The taste is equally rank though.

Some more naturally strong beers are very good though. Duvel for example. I'd buy that quite often if it were cheaper.

19th August

キリンビール株式会社(社長 磯崎功典)は、今年で24年目を迎え、秋の定番ビールとして好評いただいている秋季限定ビール「キリン秋味」を、8月19日(火)から全国で発売します。

「キリン秋味」は、秋の味覚にふさわしい旬の食材とともに、じっくりと楽しんでいただけるコクと味わいが特長の、秋ならではの限定ビールです。発売品種は350ml缶、500ml缶、中びん、大びんの4品種です。

1991年に発売した「キリン秋味」は、当社通常ビールの約1.3本分の麦芽をたっぷりと使用し、アルコール度数は少し高めの6%と、味覚の秋にふさわしい、しっかりとしたコクと飲みごたえが楽しめるビールです。当社の調査でも、秋に楽しむビールには、「コク」や「味わい」「うまみ」といった味覚への期待や、旬の食材と一緒に楽しみたいといったニーズが一層高まる傾向にあります。「キリン秋味」は、こうした味覚ニーズをとらえた、秋に楽しみたいビールとして毎年高い評価をいただいており、今年も、旬の食材が豊富な秋にふさわしいこだわりのビールとして発売します。

0605_03_b.jpg

For strength, I prefer it weaker and drinking a lot. Lots and lots of quaffing. Especially at this time of year.

A lot of draught ales and Guinness come in about 4%. If I'm out, I think it gives me an extra hour of drinking before I'm sozzled.

I like it at 5%......I enjoy some of the stronger ales, but you really feel the kick.

i was drinking a pretty nice canned beer last night, I THINK its an Indian Pale Ale, certainly tastes similar, but the can only says インド on it.....at first I thought it was an Indian beer but its not, its from japan

When I'm back in England one of my fave things is checking out the guest ales down the pub.

I am guessing they are usually hovering around 5%.

They are often jolly tasty.