I just realised, it's getting on for the end of March and we don't have a Beer 2014 thread.

:veryshocked:

So here it is.

Recently I was given a crate of Kirin Classic. While nothing out of the ordinary, very nice.

dsc09355.jpg

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seiyu have stocked an IPA from Shepherd Neames brewery in England. Not bad but not so different in taste to the Gentleman James Ale they stock from the same brewery.....can't remember it's full name offhand

Seiyu is owned by Walmart and the beers are the Asda own brand ones. They're quite good for the money though.

Yeah I know, but they are produced for ASDA by Shepherd Neame.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some Belhaven's Twisted Thistle from the local yamaya. It's actually very drinkable this year.

Also have a bottle of Epic's Smoked n' Oaked saving for a special occasion.

Strong stuff, but bloody hell it's nice.

Had two seasonal beers from gotemba kogen this past weekend. One was a Sakura beer which was like a very weak kriek Belgian style and the other was a wheat bock which was very nice. Had a few too many of course!

You can buy bottles of craft beer from shops? I find the selection tends to be limited and quite expensive. I don't see anything wrong with a bar having a stock of bottled beers. It lets them have a way bigger selection, especially since having taps takes up so much time and space. I also disagree about all beer being best on tap. Depending on the yeast being used (for example those used in Belgian beers) they have to be aged in a bottle.

Have you honestly ever done a side by side comparison of the same beer poured from a bottle and on tap? For certain styles like lagers and really hoppy beers draught is probably better. For some other styles, like big beers (high abv), bottle conditioning is better.