Just come back from the dentist... 5th time. He says another 4 times needed!!

What gets me is the cost. Each time different. Last time it was 450 yen. This time it was 250 yen. I like the prices, but how do they get to them?!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time always cost the most then each time after it becomes cheaper for the same work but will go up if more work is required so you never know how much it is going to be.

Haphazard describes it well.

I seemed to have the same done today as last week - basically cleaning up - but the price was different.

Never mind, as long as the numbers are low I suppose I don't mind.

OK so on the subject of dentists and the simply mad number of times that you need to visit for one thing.

Is there a clear reason for this?

I read somewhere rather cynically that it was a way to get more dosh but I'm willing to hear a better explanation like they just do a thorough job or something like that........

My dentist is miles away over an hours drive if I use the small roads and a good 35-40 mins if I use the motorway. But the dentist I use is a friend, their daughter and my daughter go to the same riding school and we have known them since being in Yamanashi. Plus very good service so although I had to go loads of times when I had the root canal work done, I just timed it with days when I anyway had to go into Kofu.

I went for my 6th visit today.

6 visits and I have paid just over 6000 yen in total, so the 100% cost (I pay 30%) would be about 20000 yen.

I was told 3 more visits required. Don't know how much they will cost.