Anybody Getting a Pay Raise then...?

Sure is a lot of buzz on the news about companies ponying up an extra 25 yen an hour.... WTF.... :confused: ?? That's assuming they only work 40 hours a week...

GO ABE...!! :thumbsup:

I don't really care about me, I just jolly well hope that Shinzo Abe and his close colleagues get a raise - and a good bumper one too - for all the fabulous tireless work he is doing for us all.

:thumbsup:

People seem to have quietly accepted that there's no concept of pay rise here in recent times.

I reckon it was grudgingly accepted because prices weren't rising.

Maybe people will get more angry when they are being squeezed more and more though, as they are now.

People seem to have quietly accepted that there's no concept of pay rise here in recent times.

I reckon it was grudgingly accepted because prices weren't rising.

Maybe people will get more angry when they are being squeezed more and more though, as they are now.

Yes, lots of prices were going down rather than up.

If salaries don't go up properly - which is what I expect to happen - over the next year/s, people are of course going to have less money for themselves and anger will certainly increase.

Ya...on the news last night they were making such a big deal over this I was a little confused for a few minutes.....2500~3000 yen increase per day...?per week...? Nope....per month.........nan da..?! Showed company employees fist pumping in gratitude...very North Korea-ish...

Ya...on the news last night they were making such a big deal over this I was a little confused for a few minutes.....2500~3000 yen increase per day...?per week...? Nope....per month.........nan da..?! Showed company employees fist pumping in gratitude...very North Korea-ish...

I saw that as well.....oooh......thanks Shinzo!

Savings:

1) Stuff money into mattress over a period of many years.

2) Get dementia and forget about it.

3) Dump knackered lumpy mattress for new one

4) Let relatives wonder where all your money has gone.

• Like 1

Money saving....?? What is this..... saving ....thing you speak of..??

Money saving....?? What is this..... saving ....thing you speak of..??

I like to save my money as well as spend some and basically I like the fact that I have money available whenever I need it, rather than spend it on useless things and not have it when I need it.

So yeah I prefer to save my money and instead when I want a holiday, or want to buy something, new car, phone or whatever I can just go and get out the cash and go buy it!

I am not into shopping, hate shopping actually and only go shopping as least as possible not talking about food shopping of course. I am not interested in fashion or having the latest designer clothes or brand named goods, no interest what so ever.

I like computers, cars, sports that sort of thing, but only buy when it is required, I don't buy just to get the latest!

I save as well....My coffee can spare change bucket just bought me some new Kumho 315 mud terrains... :thumbsup: (It was a BIG bucket :sj-lol: ).. Putting them on tomorrow.. :clap: However, the injection pump work, reconditioned injectors and brake rotor/caliper/differential work I'm doing over the next couple of weeks is going to seriously damage the bank account. LandCruisers are fun but they ain't by any means cheap... :shifty: even if you're doing the work yourself.

• Like 1

I'm kind of getting one because my missus has started working full-time. It means I'll have to do pretty much all the kids stuff though, and in inaka there is loads.