I'm now safely holed up in Yuzawa Kenkouland whilst onehunga is once again braving the Devil's Highway back to Yokohama. We had a great day out on the slopes. I kid you not when I say that the big G far exceeded all my expectations! The sunshine and knee-deep powder no doubt helped but I really enjoyed it! I'll post a full review and photos when I get back on Tues/Weds. & yes, we also visited THE telephone box on route to Kagura ;-) It's been a BIG day!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent.

Hard to believe that it would even be possible to far exceed your expectations, as high as they were....but I suppose that's just Mt Granview for you. You just got to go there and experience it!

Must say I was actually a bit disappointed with the snow at Maiko this morning. It was fine, I was just expecting it to be better.

Excellent.

Hard to believe that it would even be possible to far exceed your expectations, as high as they were....but I suppose that's just Mt Granview for you. You just got to go there and experience it!

Must say I was actually a bit disappointed with the snow at Maiko this morning. It was fine, I was just expecting it to be better.

Should've gone to Granview ;-)

Hopefully Maiko's going to get a good topping up tonight, as that's my planned port of call tomorrow! If nothing else it should be quieter than today!

Just got home 6 hours. Long trip. Hope to have some photos up later today.

6 hours!!!! Tubby will be jealous that he couldn't have shared that journey with you ;-)

Glad you made it back ok though and thanks again for driving me up. Top day!

Edit: There's a lot of new snow on the cars in the car park here this morning :-)

Hope Mt G wasn't too busy with all those international punters, as well as the local crowd of course.

Great you finally got there Mick! And onehunga of course.

:party:

They need to set up a Megastore at the base to sell items such as 'I Rode Mt Granview' t-shirts, Mt Granview rock, '7 lifts!' stickers, and other such items. All only available exclusively at said Megastore for a limited time and only then available at an online store. Of course the t-shirts would only be available if you prove you have ridden the mountain.

Hold on a sec, Mt Granview too intimidating for a full day?!?!

:veryshocked:

There are some levels of awesomeness that can only be experienced in small doses lest the brain explodes