Hugely frustrating experiences

and if you've queued for half an hour for the checkout and the girl at the checkout is a Muslim, she can refuse to serve you if you have pork or beer products. Disgraceful.

Is that for real?

If that happened to me I would most likely empty the contents over her tell her to go get f#"!ed and walk out.

That is absolutely disgraceful for sure.

That must be the UK your talking about. Customer service back home sucks big time.

How I see it if a muslim wants to follow their culture then they should bloody well stay in their own country.

Settle down Adolf!

Back to their own country?! You are aware that Islam is a religion and not a nationality.....right?! So which country should THEY go back to? :confused:

And are you also aware that Islam is not a religion that started or is part of the UK?

If people want to live following their religion then they should live in a country that has that religion or they practice their religion quietly without expecting others to accommodate it.

And it is not because I hate people living in England from other countries or anything like that, I like to meet people from other countries and have no problem with them living in the UK, after all I am living in Japan, but when they come to the UK or any other country that they are not originally from preaching this that and the other then that is what really annoys me!

It is because of this problem that the world is in such a buggered up state, where people preach what they must do and demand this that and the other when they are not even in their own country.

I live in Japan and follow Japanese customs as much as possible, like taking my shoes off before I go into the house, or saying "itadakimasu" and "gochisodeshita" before and after meals when I eat with Japanese people, etc.

Now when I first came to Japan I found it strange to take off my shoes, but I didn't make a fuss about it or try to make everyone follow the western way of not taking shoes off when going in the house, no because I understand and respect that other countries have different cultures and religions.

I am not religious in the slightest so I don't worry about following any religion, maybe that makes it easier for me to live in a foreign country, but I do follow the customs.

What gets to me is that people from other backgrounds go to live in another country because it has much better benefits for them, and then they expect that host country to bend over backwards and follow their custom, why should they? So how I see it if someone doesn't like meat or milk or whatever if that is a no no in their religion, then either they should put up with it or go a country that follows their religion/custom. There are just so many people flooding into the UK trying to take over the country and expecting the UK to bend over backwards and change thousands of years old customs to suit them!

And also I have no problem with people believing / following a religion that is their choice and one that I respect, but when they complain about the host country not allowing them to follow their own religion/customs or refusing to serve people who have meat in their baskets, then that really pisses me off, they are basically saying to people of that country please don't follow your own custom of eating meat and instead follow my foreign religion to your shores of not eating meat! WTF!!!

Japan has the right attitude, either follow Japan's customs or get out!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

shite

Deteriate.

you might want to check the spelling there Snowdude

and if you've queued for half an hour for the checkout and the girl at the checkout is a Muslim, she can refuse to serve you if you have pork or beer products. Disgraceful.

Is that for real?

If that happened to me I would most likely empty the contents over her tell her to go get f#"!ed and walk out.

That is absolutely disgraceful for sure.

That must be the UK your talking about. Customer service back home sucks big time.

How I see it if a muslim wants to follow their culture then they should bloody well stay in their own country.

Settle down Adolf!

Back to their own country?! You are aware that Islam is a religion and not a nationality.....right?! So which country should THEY go back to? :confused:

And are you also aware that Islam is not a religion that started or is part of the UK?

If people want to live following their religion then they should live in a country that has that religion or they practice their religion quietly without expecting others to accommodate it.

And it is not because I hate people living in England from other countries or anything like that, I like to meet people from other countries and have no problem with them living in the UK, after all I am living in Japan, but when they come to the UK or any other country that they are not originally from preaching this that and the other then that is what really annoys me!

It is because of this problem that the world is in such a buggered up state, where people preach what they must do and demand this that and the other when they are not even in their own country.

I live in Japan and follow Japanese customs as much as possible, like taking my shoes off before I go into the house, or saying "itadakimasu" and "gochisodeshita" before and after meals when I eat with Japanese people, etc.

Now when I first came to Japan I found it strange to take off my shoes, but I didn't make a fuss about it or try to make everyone follow the western way of not taking shoes off when going in the house, no because I understand and respect that other countries have different cultures and religions.

I am not religious in the slightest so I don't worry about following any religion, maybe that makes it easier for me to live in a foreign country, but I do follow the customs.

What gets to me is that people from other backgrounds go to live in another country because it has much better benefits for them, and then they expect that host country to bend over backwards and follow their custom, why should they? So how I see it if someone doesn't like meat or milk or whatever if that is a no no in their religion, then either they should put up with it or go a country that follows their religion/custom. There are just so many people flooding into the UK trying to take over the country and expecting the UK to bend over backwards and change thousands of years old customs to suit them!

And also I have no problem with people believing / following a religion that is their choice and one that I respect, but when they complain about the host country not allowing them to follow their own religion/customs or refusing to serve people who have meat in their baskets, then that really pisses me off, they are basically saying to people of that country please don't follow your own custom of eating meat and instead follow my foreign religion to your shores of not eating meat! WTF!!!

Japan has the right attitude, either follow Japan's customs or get out!

And what religion is from the UK?

The UK is a democratic country that allows certain rights.....the choice of the shop worker not to serve a customer with pork or alcohol, while ridiculous to u and me, is important to her......I would then argue that it's an employment issue and she is not fit for the job......but it's her choice to not serve someone. Pouring stuff over her head would make u an asshole and not as tolerant as you seem to think you are.

Islam is not a part of the UK? How do you figure that? The UK has a sizeable community of Muslims......are they not allowed the same rights as anyone else in the country? It's ok to have religious freedom, just for the religions that are deemed part of the UK?

You didn't answer to which country "they should go back to"......aren't Muslims born in Britain everyday? Where should THEY go to? Should Christians go back to THEIR country? Presumably Palestine, since that's where Jesus came from.

Small minded ignorance like yours just fans the flames of sectarian troubles that simply polarise a population, helping not one sect or another.

. There are just so many people flooding into the UK trying to take over the country and expecting the UK to bend over backwards and change thousands of years old customs to suit them!

Perhaps you need to put down the Daily Mail and open your eyes

It is not ignorance, it is a fact that people of religions that were not originally from the host country want to try and decide what another country should or should not do.

And while the UK has groups from many religions and countries, that is not the problem, the problem is when these groups try to dictate their beliefs.

The thing is Muslim's, or any other religion for that matter whether born in the UK or not expect people who are not of one of these religions to accept their religion and just change to suit theirs.

It is not the problem of having different religions, I don't care and actually it is nice to have different groups living together, the problem is when one group wants people to follow their way, when originally their way was not part of that country.

The fact of the matter while a country has many different religions living together there are always going to be problems/conflicts. In most cases it is not hatred for another group, it is the problem of not being able to mix customs!

Islam may have a big community in the UK now, but it never used to same as it didn't have many other religions. People from these different religions though are expecting the UK to integrate their religion with the UK'S customs and culture.

Now maybe the employer should have made it clearer from the start that as she is working in a UK supermarket, then she has to respect UK rules and must be able to sell meat to people, whether she likes it or not. If not find a different job where this is acceptable.

I don't know what kind of arrangement/agreement was made by her and her employer of course, if the employer has excepted her custom, then the employer can't really complain.

As for the same rights as others : I am glad you brought that up. They should indeed have the same rights as others that are from that country, in this case the UK. Yes if they live and work there I would hope they have the same rights, it would not be fair otherwise! In many cases most countries people of different religions don't have all the same rights.

Now if an employer allows a Brit to take two weeks holiday, but only allows a Muslim to have only one week holiday then I would disagree with the employer as that is not fair, but this here is not the issue, the issue here is people from other religions expecting the UK or other countries to incorporate new religions within there own culture that may not necessarily work well with the countries own customs.

Another thing a lot of the different religions all scream that they want the same rights as British nationals, but they don't want to follow all the UK customs and instead would like to follow their own, BUT they want the same rights!!! WTF double standards or what!!!!

If I want the same rights as the Japanese then I need to follow their customs, it is only logic, I would not expect to follow UK customs in order to get Japanese rights!

I don't think that is right, when we are in a foreign country or have a religion that is not from the country that we are living in then we should not expect that country to allow/except all of our beliefs and customs.

I don't expect Japan to accept every custom I have from the UK, and I would not expect to either.

I would not live in a Muslim country, not because I hate the religion or people, I like people from anywhere and any religion, I don't care, the reason is because I myself would not be able to follow all their customs, so I respect that and would choose not to live there so as not to upset them!

Japan is too me very easy to follow their customs / culture or at least live within it so I am happy to live here, no need for me to force people to accept my customs as I can pretty much get along with customs here. What I have that doesn't work here, well I don't bother to try!

Do you see where I am coming from?

There are NO religions that come from the UK.

Have you answered my initial question yet that refers to a statement in your original post that highlights how ignorant your view is? Which country should THEY return to? Are Muslims born in the UK not from the UK?

You continue to mix up RELIGION and NATIONALITY.....they are not the same.

"....were not part of UK...." Neither was Christianity originally, it took many hundreds of years of wars, incursions and prosetylisation by Christian emissaries from Rome before this religion took root in the UK.

If a customer is rude to me, MUST I serve them?

The flip side of living in a democratic country that enables each of its citizens certain freedoms and rights means that we have to try to accommodate everyone.....which is difficult and can result in conflict......however we can't pick and choose which rights are free to everyone and which ones we can suspend.

There are more British citizens living overseas than immigrants into Britain. They're flooding out! Those poor Spaniards and Cypriots.

This sounds like a mixup at M&S but good on them for listening to the people they employ and trying to accommodate them and their needs. It sounds like the usual thing now is to stick everyone on a zero-hour contract and treat them like dirt.

Asking someone to wait for another sales representative is treating them like dirt? In the same way as expecting someone you text at 7am to come to work at 8am or not come work and get by with no pay for that day?

I agree that things like towns stopping the Christmas decorations "for the Muslims" or whatever is only going to create antagonism, but this is a private business and they can do what they want. They have already apologized and said it was a mistake.

ATM machine.

People who seem to set up office there and take forever doing endless things on the machine.

I gave up and went to 7-11. Perhaps I should do that more!

ATM machine.

People who seem to set up office there and take forever doing endless things on the machine.

I gave up and went to 7-11. Perhaps I should do that more!

Especially when the tellers in the bank are all free!! I just wanna take money out, bugger off to the teller and stop holding everyone up!! :veryangry:

Bcos you can't do that at the Post Office, which is where I have to bank with because of course a company's payroll department can only deal with one bank, and it would be preposterous for them to pay into many different banks

No.....at least I dont think you can!!

Also, I have another account with a different bank, and they wouldn't let me make a deposit unless I had my bank book!! Scan my card?! Of course not!! Don't be ridiculous....you need your bank book!! WTF?!

Being charged to withdraw money from my own bank account, just because it is after banking hours or after 6pm.

And after a certain time in the evening the ATM stops for the night! WTF

An ATM is free, it doesn't need paying wages, it doesn't need time off, it doesn't need to sleep.

Which is why I like Shinsei bank, I can withdraw money from 7/11's 24/7 365 days free, non of this charge crap or ATM has to sleep at night rubbish. And I can use my card in any country as well, unlike a lot of Japanese bank cards that only work in Japan!

In the 15+ years I have been in Japan the banks have not modernized their bank system at all they are still living in the stone age.

An ATM is free, it doesn't need paying wages, it doesn't need time off, it doesn't need to sleep.

Well, that's not quote right, is it.

The 'machine bit' you press the buttons on might not need wages or time off, but the mini person inside jolly well does...that's unavoidable.