Hugely frustrating experiences

I have just been trying to sign up for hikari tv, silly me.

It has been a nightmare trying to do it, and it's not because of my less than perfect Japanese.

Get this:

I want what is called a triple tuner, but if you sign up they will send you a single tuner machine first. Even though you know you don't want it. Advice? When it arrives, call us up to change it for a triple tuner. Can't I simply get the triple tuner at the beginning? No, you need to receive the single tuner first. Then swap it for the triple tuner. But isn't that a complete waste of time and money for you sending it out? That's the way it is done, so please do that.

OK, well after the first 2 months free period, I want to do the 2 years discount pack please. The first 2 months is the free trial period, right? So if I have any problems setting it up or it doesn't work well or whatever, I can just cancel and send it back? Oh, no. Not if you ask for the 2 years discount! But I won't be paying anything for the first 2 months whatever, he asked confused. Sorry, if you want the 2 years setup, even though no-one pays anything for the first two months trial, you will need to pay us 10000 yen if you cancel within those first two months and send it back.

Anything else? Yes. Arrrggghhhhhhhhh!

Stuff like this just drives me up the wall.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

shite

Deteriate.

you might want to check the spelling there Snowdude

Haha that reminds me very much of the experince I had with my cashback for internet connection. I had to receive a hikari tv box only to instantly return it, after opening the box to make it look like I had used it of course. Complete waste of time, effort, delivery, opened box etc. Madness. But it was the loops I had to jump through to get my cash.

To deal with this frustration, I recommend getting yourself a projector and watching a supersized version of whatever that triple tuner cranks out for you. :D

Best thing I've bought in years!

I've actually bought two projectors and now have one to sell :doh:

The first one that I'm now going to sell is a Benq 519v2. It's 720p native and I bought it new. It was 32,000 yen. My screen is just a white wall. At first I used the projector on a table, but my room has an oshi-ire and I noticed that I could set the projector up permanently inside it out of view. When I tried putting the Benq in the closet, the smallest picture was still far too big for my white bit of wall. After a bit of research, I found that the only projectors with sufficiently long projections distances were high end ones, so I got a second-hand Epson, a TW-2000. It has a massive adjustable lens on it and is 1080p native. It's not as bright as the Benq and the image quality is only slightly better, but the big zoom lets me put it in the cupboard. It's five years old and cost 60,000 second-hand with a new lamp, slightly less than the cheapest 1080p projectors are new. If I hadn't have needed the zoom lens, I have been more than happy staying at 720p because it is sufficiently wowtastic. At my screen size anyway.

My screen is 1.66m wide, so on the diagonal that makes it a 75 incher!

Top tip - watch better movies than Star Wars!! ;)

I have some Japanese friends who I generally like and we usually go out for a meal a few times a year. And every time, it's the same old 'harmless' talk but it drives me up the wall. Please try this. You know I don't like that. But try it, it's delicious. No, I don't want to, I know I don't like it. But it's so good. Can we stop this now please?

:grandpa:

Where can I find proper pies here?

I want pie.

:(

In other news, little toes are massively frustrating. Currently in the Akabane A&E after connecting mine heavily with my sparring partner's elbow. Just before a tournament.

Just. Bloody. Peachy.

There's a few pie-mongering people if you do a search, but I don't rate them as proper pies.

I leave those to my own fair cooking and when I go back to Wigan, World HQ Home of Pies.