Quote:
Originally posted by Plucky:
Sometimes being drunk is the only way you can put up with the enormous amount of crappy snowboarders on the slopes.
Ooooooo, thems fightin' words.

funny you should say that amandanism

beacause i was really quite drunk myself when posting that thread!! had been on a 14hr binge at the works xmas party before coming home and posting!!

how 'bout a hybrid of the two subjects and having a thread in being out of contol whilst posting?!?!?!

Sorry, not drunk, just spouting the truth. If there were any skiers left, I could probably say the same thing. Fact is, 85% of the people out there are boarders. All I have to say is - Get the F*ck out of my way! Goddam they are clueless. I have the utmost respect for good boarders. I love to go out with them and they love to go out with me. We have fun. But there are so many Johny-come-lately's that it is hard to ignore.

There needs to be a Japan-wide institutionalized 'how to behave on the slopes' class. They board as bad as they drive.

If you disagree, you must be a beginner. You know it's true. I'm all for people learning this great sport, be it skiing or boarding, but learn some damn rules first! Thank God I have liability insurance - I'm just going to start running these a-holes over!

Good Pow to all! I'm really not bitter, just upset about how many shitty boarders I see out there. Next year skiing will be cool. Japan is fickle.

You were once a beginner Plucky..dont forget that either. Everyone needs a chance to improve their skills and with people like you on the slopes they wont have much of a chance!!

I've been boarding for 9 years and skiing before that for 13 so I'm no beginner. If your so pissed off with all the shitty boarders get off the beginner slopes and head to some more challenging terrain where you wont be impeded by them and they wont have to put up with attitudes like yours..sorry but your attitude sucks. Everyone is out there trying to have a good time and with your 'take no prisoner' attitude things will oneday get ugly.

Why dont you try going to a 'skier only' resort where you'll have no problems with boarders. This is just a suggestion because, as you refer to, snowboarding is becoming popular and it appears to me that it's here to stay.

Everyone deserves the right to enjoy the mountain and the environment so try to enjoy what you do best and accept the fact that there are both skiers and boarders out there who want to do the same.

Calm down Never. Most of what I say is in good fun. This, by the way, is an internet message board. We, by the way, are people who slide down mountains on sticks and boards. So yes, I'm going to have my fun with it. It's a fact - most of the boarders out there suck. Hell, most of the skiers out there suck. Let me play the antagonist and you can be Mr. Nice guy. Frankly, I don't give a rip. Good for you that you have been doing it for so long. You may be able to keep up with me. But that is not the issue. The issue is going out and having fun. I post here to try and stir things up. The community on here is so myopic in their views and boring for that matter.

I have an open invite to anyone on this board to come and stay with me in Northern Japan. I will be kind and gregarious and the stay will be fun. I'll show you around to all of the resorts up here. My only stipulation - you make me wait for you, I don't ski/board with you. I learned on my own and think that's how it should be.

**** off! (always wanted to say that!).

ey plucky, I am a beginner at snowboarding after a 10 year break from skiing and so is my girlfriend. If I or she break a road rule on the snow we expect to be told so in no uncertain terms, but if some tosser like you runs over either of us on purpose and displays the attitude that you have above, I will crush your trachea with my left fist and seconds later your nose with my right fist. Something you may not expect from a little guy like me. Funny thing is, with an attitude like yours (and I am sure it permeates other areas of your life) someone will sooner or later put you in your insignificant slot in life. You are a visitor in Japan and you have the gall to threaten the locals for doing what they do they way that they do it.

I met some really nice guys in Hakkoda over the last few days and tagged along with them on a few runs that I otherwise would never have found. I tried my best to keep up and had a really good time for my first experience in real powder and off the groomed course. I wonder if one of them was you? Could well have been. Although no one showed the attitude that you are here, so perhaps if I did meet you then you are an online all-talk and an off line everyday bloke. For the betterment of society lets hope it stays that way.

As for an on the topic story: when I was 16 I worked in a ski rental place on a small mountain. One night there was a full moon and those that were still in the pub decided to start up a lift (with the ok of the head of the lift company). Everyone, except me were blind. I recall jumping onto a t-bar and my english teacher from school appeared from no where and joined me. She even allowed me a few gulps from the champagne bottle that she was holding (and apparently attempting to ski with). This lated for about 1 hour and then someone broke their arm.

Wow db, just found this reply! I think your reply was a bit more harsh than my original statement. I was only kidding. Got your goat though, didn't it?? I guess the sarcasm wasn't thick enough. Again, just kidding.

I do have friends that board, ski and do those little short ski things. It's all good. We all do have a good time. As I said, we are sliders, one way or the other. Sorry to upset you and I hope you had a great time at Hakkoda!

Please do get back to me sometime at my email. I'm not as big a dick as you may think. I gotta lay off the sarcasasm on here I guess. Too many people from too many place who may not notice it.

I hope you have a great New Year!

Happy new years to y'all - have a good one?

Drunk on the slopes? I've never seen anyone actually drunk, but you do see a lot of people guzzling the beers down with their curry rice at lunch time. Has anyone actually seen any drunkard skiers/boarders then?

ahhh...brings back some memories...

back in my college days my ski buddies and I got wasted and hit our local resort for some nighta action...we actually got kicked off the mountain...no, I think we got kicked out of the lodge...ahhh...its all a blur...but I know we had to leave before we wanted to...

my favorite line is riding up the lift with a buddy we called "blackout todd", anyway, he was laughing his drunk laugh and saying, "why do my feet hurt so much??", well, "thats because you put your boots on the wrong feet, ya drunkard!"...hilarious

danz