• SnowJapan Admin

SnowJapan Giveaways 2013/2014

We have a number of unclaimed ski lift tickets that we would like to send out to people - they are no use left here unused!

We have at least one lift ticket from all of the weekly prizes apart the Niseko Hanazono, Happo-one and Hakuba Goryu Giveaways.

The remaining Givewaways - ie. the ones that we have unclaimed ticket(s) for - can be found here:

http://www.snowjapan...0132014-season/

If you would like one of those and are able to use them, please send us an email to editor@snowjapan.com; tell us your Forums member name; and tell us why you'd like one.

Oh yes, and don't forget to tell us which one you would like.

In order to reduce time needed in this process, also tell us your postal address in case you win. (Don't worry, if we don't use it to send you a ticket it will be deleted).

One more thing: If you have already won a ticket from us in the last few seasons, please send us a link showing us the Resort Review you have posted and/or photos you uploaded to SnowJapan.

We'll decide who gets what by the end of the week.

Thank you and good luck.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, well we are going to wrap this up now.   Thank you very much to all of the resorts/organisations that took part.   Thanks to everyone who has entered.   Thank you to everyone who won and has

I have also been wanting to bring my trip reports over to the main site. Can we, and would you like us to, add links to forum pages in the main site reviews? If so, would you prefer us to write a short(ish) review then link to the forums or to copy the reports from the forums in their uncut form and modify them into a review? I ask because some of my trip reports are kind of long and I think the pictures sometimes tell a lot of the story. Sorry for the kind of confusing question :)

Also thanks for all the hard work you have done this year with the giveaways!

• SnowJapan Admin

Apart from a few that stay up and visible, most threads fairly quickly get forgotton and unseen by most people.

Reviews in tha Reviews section of the main site probably a factor of many 100x's more.

...or to copy the reports from the forums in their uncut form and modify them into a review?...

So this would be ideal and what we (and essentially I suppose lots of other people reading the site) would like best.

:friend:

Thanks.

Apart from a few that stay up and visible, most threads fairly quickly get forgotton and unseen by most people.

Reviews in tha Reviews section of the main site probably a factor of many 100x's more.

...or to copy the reports from the forums in their uncut form and modify them into a review?...

So this would be ideal and what we (and essentially I suppose lots of other people reading the site) would like best.

Thanks.

Aha!

I will update my TR and put it into the right spot then ( IE a more succinct version for the review section )

• SnowJapan Admin

Could I ask what the turnaround for these would be? I.e. What would be the earliest date we could ask for?

You mean when would send them out? (Can't make promises but) hopefully some of them Thursday, after which it's up to the Post Office.

Am I right in thinking that all the Hakuba Alpen tickets have gone?

No there's a few of those left.

• SnowJapan Admin

OK emailed the lucky people who have an envelope in the post.

Here's what I have left. Please email me if you want one, are pretty sure you can use it, and promise to post a Resort Review on the site after using it:

--- Madarao Kogen (few)

--- Myoko (few)

--- Sugadaira (few)

--- Zao (few)

--- Niseko Hanazono/Hirafu (1) - recently become available.

Instructions as per first post. (Hope you don't mind but lets say if you asked and got a mail from me today, please don't enter again - try to get some other people going).

--- Zao (few)

How is this unclaimed????!?! anyone in this area not taking a freebie for zao at the THIRD asking is now officially blowing my damn mind! :slap:

its WORTH IT!!! (even though i hated it enough to pitch one of my only two strops on a ski resort - get your gondie ticket early at the bottom or avoid it altogether - second fit was pitched by the way, fact fans, in escal plaza at the start of the season when they wouldnt let me put a binding box on the top of the lockers. I clearly wanted to take the damn thing home with me but the jobsworth at the salomon counter wasnt standing for it. I could have just put it in a locker and not paid, but brain wasnt firing and i was really stressed by the fact we got there around 2.30 and the lifts were shutting at 3.30 so was ready to blow up. Guy was a dick though).

• SnowJapan Admin

Just to be clear....some people have said that they didn't enter because they thought so many people would enter that they couldn't win. And they had never win anything before.

!

I also get the feeling that some people don't want to write reviews as we ask of people, for whatever reason that may be. Having said that, that doesn't put some people off from entering, taking, enjoying and then giving nothing back...

I dunno, we ask so much of people!!

And that's before we slap the extra 3% tax on our services!

:grandpa:

Id stop mentioning it. Id just start a free lift ticket blacklist and post it on forums with a name of the resort next to them and barring them from entry to new giveaways until they meet the newer more strict conditions (id up the review word count and id also have my little red pen to wipe away the Dickensian traits out there). But then im cheeky and i like scandal I also like offering people a chance for redemption because i am an angel sent from heaven!

• SnowJapan Admin

On the bright side, we have nearly 100 new Resort Reviews since the start of the season which is good.

And thank you to those who posted them, many them are unrelated to any lift ticket giveaway shenanigans.

Yes, keep them coming friends!

On the disappointing side....well same as last year really, too many people just take them and run.

Or that is what I assume they do, as we don't get the feedback that we ask for.

We very probably could repeat the bonanza next year once again, but questioning whether it's worth spending all our time and effort that is required to put it all together. Would make our life easier. Hey, could actually go skiing more.

(Yeah I know, said that last year as well!)

David, I hope you do go to the trouble of putting it together again next season. I really appreciated the ticket I won. I actually enjoyed writing the reviews I did. It was all part of the day. Thinking what to say, and how to say it even while I was skiing down the slopes. (Could you see if Bob can come up with some thought to website interface, then you can get the reviews in real time)

However if it's a choice between you skiing more, and sorting out the giveaways, much as I hate to say it, go skiing.

I would honestly love to grab a ticket, hell Zao looks immense and it is on my to do list, but it's a time/transport/lodging thing. If I had my own car I would jump on this like a bouncy castle. Because I depend on busses/shink for transport, it just happens that there's a combined value ticket and in actual fact getting to skijo without the all-inclusive fee is, much of the time, impossible :(

But the fact that you do these giveaways is very appreciated, and really a review should be a small price to pay.

Maybe, for future giveaways, the ticket could be issued based upon the submission of an initial review of a place the entrant has been to previously? this could help because

a) You know they can write reviews.

B) You get a review up front.

Just a suggestion, and I'm sure you've had a thought like this before.

• SnowJapan Admin

That's kind of what we did here Peetan, but then you get people who haven't been anywhere chirping up that it's not fair on them because they haven't been anywhere.

We're very (very, very!) aware that it is impossible to please everyone, and there are always people who give you grief over something - even if it's concerning free stuff! - but we do try to not be too exclusive. If that's the right word.

But we do feel that people should perhaps feel obliged (again, if that's the right word) to give a bit back if they are provided with a freebie, especially when we have asked for it. It only takes 10 minutes or so. Hopefully people would want to write one regardless of being given a free lift ticket or not.

The best one is when people complain that there are no new reviews for this resort or that resort. Somewhere they have been. Well go write a new one then!!!

But like I said before there's about 100 new ones up there now and lots of them well worth a read:

http://www.snowjapan.com/japan-ski-resort-reviews