Wasn't sure which forum was right for this, so apologies if I've landed in the wrong place.

I'm planning to pop the Q to my girlfriend while we're snowboarding in Hakuba week after next. We're staying at Happoone....but have never been to Hakuba before.

Does anyone have a favourite view high up or a really good spot in the Hakuba resorts that they'd reccomend as, you, know, romantic and crap :D ? Cheers in advance.

KFC at Tsugaike :sjcool:

:lol: She can't say no after some fried chicken!

I have never been to Hakuba but Muikabochi's pics of Happo-one looked really nice and romantic ;) Also this is the place for this sort of inquire.

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/21426-happo-one-hakuba-nagano-20th-february-2012/page__hl__happo__fromsearch__1

Good luck!

Isn't there a little rock shrine or bell or something at the top of Happo? Not sure how "romantic and crap" it would be (never been), but might be a fittingly symbolic place. (Or not -- as I said, never been, so don't know.)

Would tend to vote against the monkey onsen.

Never been there either though, so I may be completely wrong about that.

Have to say when I went to Hakuba I didnt find anywhere really worth any views but then it was cloudy with intermittent snow and odd sunny spells.

It might look better on a clear day though.

But the top somewhere would be your best bet.

Isn't there a little rock shrine or bell or something at the top of Happo?

That is at the top of Goryu.

Far from KFC and nowhere near as romantic :p

Have to say when I went to Hakuba I didnt find anywhere really worth any views but then it was cloudy with intermittent snow and odd sunny spells.

It might look better on a clear day though.

But the top somewhere would be your best bet.

The view from the Olympic Rings is pretty nice

That little stone thingy up at the top just beyond the top lifts at 47/Goryu is kawaii, as shown here by muika

gallery_6744_152_120791.jpg

Next best is that Uncle Stevens or whatever it's called that does lots of great diet Mexican style food. :yummy:

Yeah, it is nice up there if the weather's good. Plus it's usually quiet as it's a bit of climb/hike up, so there's less chance of someone else seeing the down on bended knee shinanigans ;-) Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!

I reckon you should book the private onsen in the lodge at the far end of Wadano for an hour or two. It's outdoors, overlooks some woods that'll be very snowy, and you can take some booze in to celebrate. The place you're staying should know what it's called, but holler if they don't.

It's Bobajob's job to carry her up to the top...

BTW.....I'd still carry my lovely wife up there......knowing her though, she'd start a fight halfway up and I'd end up throwing her off... :thumbsup: :wave: