• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They can't put some of the credit cards in their pockets!

I drive like an old lady but then again I drive land tanks. Back when I was racing it was all about a straight line with skinny front tires for 1/8 or 1/4 mile. I never was one for "burying the spee

No they didnt and like I said I may have remembered it wrong but it was something like that.

Maybe someone can go to their local koban and ask what they mean for sure.

I think the ol' stopping distance is more like a square law one. So double the speed is four times the distance to stop.

The reaction distance is double the distance at double the speed, since it assumes your reactions take the same amount of time to hit the brakes regardless of speed.

Braking distance is reaction distance plus stopping distance, so it's a combination of a linear bit and a square law bit. and won't be 40 at 40, 80 at 80, 120 at 120.

I reckon the markings on the highway are just an indication of how far 40, 80, 120 etc meters are at the speed you happen to be going.

If this snow keeps up I wonder if the express way will close again, we are up to about 20cm now.

Though actually the snow plows were out and about around Kobuchisawa station area. I wonder if they learnt from the last time to not wait until the roads accumulate 50+ cm and instead go up and down the road before it has time to accumulate too much.

Chuo line trains were delayed this morning because snow brought down bamboo trees across the track. Maybe cutting them down would cure that problem, I guess no one thinks about that.

I was just up by Nagano City on the Kan-etsu expressway this past weekend and EVERYONE was going about 120kph. I even got passed by an expressway bus going about 130kph. I was so surprised. Do all Nagano city folk drive that fast?

I think the 0, 40m, 80m signs are just to help you judge how far you are from the car in front of you. I haven't heard of the Japanese doing the 2 seconds or 3 seconds rule while driving.

I was just up by Nagano City on the Kan-etsu expressway this past weekend and EVERYONE was going about 120kph. I even got passed by an expressway bus going about 130kph. I was so surprised. Do all Nagano city folk drive that fast?

they were rushing to get to the bottomless snow.