I was on the always-popular Kanetsu Expressway today and was thinking about a few things.

How fast do you go when you think there's no police trying to grab you? I seem to cruise around 100-110kmh.

What are those 0m 40m 80m signs. And why those numbers?

Why do Nexco employees drive around with their helmets on in their cars?

:confused:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They can't put some of the credit cards in their pockets!

I drive like an old lady but then again I drive land tanks. Back when I was racing it was all about a straight line with skinny front tires for 1/8 or 1/4 mile. I never was one for "burying the spee

I've been told those 0 40 80 signs are to help you judge your speed. Not sure if it's true as you would have to be a good mathematician to work out your speed from the time you take to go 80m.

Cruising speed for me depends on the expressway and time of day. Cruise at 130 on the shin-.... expressways at night. About 115 the rest of the time. Drop down to 100 if there are cops around.

Me about 120-130 most of the time unless I know pplice are around or where I know there are cameras.

If I know its fairly safe from police I will cruise at 160+ for short periods.

At night I dont go above 120 not because its dark but

because I cant see if police are behind me or if they are hiding behind something.

85-95 but only because I don't like going any faster in a lifted 4x4 and the roar of the mud terrain tires and wind noise from the roof rack and LED lights becomes deafening at any higher speeds.

I actually do that here. Some asshole tailgates me, I slow down to entice him into the middle lane and as he attempts to overtake me from there, I put my foot down and they have a choice of crashing into the back of the vehicle in front or look a wanker. And then I ride alongside the middle lane vehicle.

You tailgaters can go **** yourselves.

I've seen a dark blue toyota crown pulling people over a few times on the Chuo expressway around Kofu. I usually drive 100km/h while my wife is awake and then 130km/h when she falls asleep (which doesn't take much longer than about 5 mins most of the time!)

I actually do that here. Some asshole tailgates me, I slow down to entice him into the middle lane and as he attempts to overtake me from there, I put my foot down and they have a choice of crashing into the back of the vehicle in front or look a wanker. And then I ride alongside the middle lane vehicle.

You tailgaters can go **** yourselves.

The slowing down part is fine..... the rest of it just makes you a complete dick worthy of a roadside beat-down.. Just get out of the F'in way and let people get on with their lives.

It's a bit harder to spot the unmarked cars here. In New Zealand it's easy, nearly all of them are Holden Commodore's. Any time you see a flash tricked out Commodore going the speed limit you know to slow down.

Oh and WV, I understand the hatred of tail gaters, if some asshole tries to tail gate me I tend to make them wait a lot longer to pass than if they just hung back and waited till I can move over safely. BUT blocking them in, that is a bit dick worthy.

For the -- right up your ass-- tailgaters I have the totally illegal rear facing LED pods which are bright enough to fry your retinas. If it's on a section of road where I can't get out of the way I'll give them a quick burst of the lights. If they persist....screw em...they get blinded.

I try not to get too worked up about people like that. Let them pass, feel sorry for them. Don't stress yourself up over it though.

Me neither... I like to assume they have something really pressing in their lives to make them in such a hurry. If I'm in a hurry like that though...I'm not tailgating...I'm passing regardless...

People that sit at exactly the speed limit in the right lane just to hold people up are arseholes and require a good beating.

If people on purposely try to hold me up at 80k will certainly wish they didnt.

I have followed someone off to a parking area before for doing that and gave them bloody good sorting out and I will do it again. So anyone who thinks its cool to block people in the right lane of a motorway tjink again it might just be me behind you.

I sometimes drive doing the speed limit in the right lane. I'd hate to think how embarrassing it would be for you if I kicked your ass in front of your family because you tried to give me a good sorting out. There's always someone tougher out there so don't go looking for fights over stupid shit.

Yes I think if I remember correctly what I was told many years ago basically when the car is in front for example doing 40 and is on the zero when you are on the 40 then are a safe breaking distance away from the car in front.

Likewise if you and the car in front are both doing 80 and you are on the 80 or further back when the car in front is at the zero then again you are at a safe distance.

But I may have remembered that wrongly!!!