Hi All,

I am an Australian Citizen and current Resident of Japan. Can anyone give me advice on Travel insurance, in particular Ski insurance for this situation? When i was living in Singapore I was required to obtain ski insurance through a Singapore provider. Is it the same here? All the ski insurance I seem to find seems to be geared and worded towards international travelers coming to Japan.

Hopeing some of the residents here in my situation can recommend a ski insurance provider for my upcoming Niseko and Nozawa trips.

Cheers

V

Well I don't have ski insurance and I dont think it exists here but rather residence here like me have the national health insurance which will cover 70% of your medical bills in case of an accident or illness.

For non residence I guess you just need to obtain dtravel insurance before you travel which should again cover you for injury or illness.

Thanks Snowdude, I have Health insurance through my company so I hope i'll be covered for most injuries. However I was more hoping for the traditional Ski Insurance in case of flight cancellations due to weather, Piste closures, Avalanches, personal liability etc etc. Doesn't sound like Iike i'll be able to get it.

Googling スキー保険 turns up some listings, covering mostly injury and theft of equipment. No trip insurance or liability coverage included, at a quick glance.

I use generic injury and liability coverage, not specific to skiing (but covering it as well). Liability is what I would really worry about, since injuries are already largely covered under ordinary health insurance.

Add: Hang on, looks like Zurich offers a plan covering liability for injury to others.