Never been here in any other season but thought I might start

The snow consistent and light compared to other countries

Easily accessible from Perth (where I live) with minimul time difference

Affordable especially considering the costing the cost of skiing, eating, drinking, smoking in Australia

Polite friendly people who have respect for everyone else

Beautiful scenery and landscapes

Onsens the whole Japanese bathing culture

Toilets that wash your bum for you

Vending machines

There are so much more and I am sure things people hate as well but I love being here

• Like 1
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never been here in any other season but thought I might start #1 The snow consistent and light compared to other countries #2 Easily accessible from Perth (where I live) with minimul time differen

#10 Boots

To get back on topic. I love snow covered old style Japanese houses like in Shirakawago and the crystal blue skies on a clear winter day

You would of course have to be complete insane (or live in hokkai-blah blah) to love summer.

:lol:

That is true. If I didn't have to work I could maybe love summer, but being stuck in a sweaty classroom kind of ruins the fun. Minakami is pretty awesome in summer though. Canyoning is one crazy sport if you haven't seen it, check it out. I also go swimming on the regular in the Tone River and even do some white water bogey boarding from time to time. Getting high up in the mountains can also be a nice break from the heat. Being stuck in the muggy valley is what gets you..... I will say summer is my least favorite Japanese season but it has it's good points. For now TGIW (Thank God it's Winter!)

You would of course have to be complete insane (or live in hokkai-blah blah) to love summer.

Not true.....I loved summer in Kanagawa and I'm of (reasonably) sound mind :p

Being near a river or the ocean can really take the edge off summer. If I can stay cool summer is great!

Not true.....I loved summer in Kanagawa and I'm of (reasonably) sound mind :p

Being near a river or the ocean can really take the edge off summer. If I can stay cool summer is great!

No.....NO, Ohhh...no......no......NO..NO..NO... :naughty: :naughty: There is no escape. I'm 30ft from the damned ocean and IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.... Now, PLEASE you and tubby go share your crack pipe in some distant, dark corner and continue your "Summer is OK" silly talk there.

;)

I love winter because I can actually disagree with the Japanese people who incessantly say..."Kyo...samui desu ne".... :sj-lol:

The only thing I can think of about summer that I like is the usual chance to go home and visit family.

Otherwise, I hate it. I hate the constant sweating. I hate it when people around me say 'today is cool isn't it'. Er no, it's bloody hot and humid. It's just slightly less so than it was yesterday.

It's just not nice at all. Yuck.

Summers in Japan are horrible, the best thing about winter is that I can keep myself at a nice pleasant temperature. In summer there is a limit to the number of clothes you can take off before mirrors start to crack and people run screaming in the other direction. However in winter I have all the right clothes to keep myself nice and warm no matter how cold it gets.

Spring and Autumn are great, Winter wonderful, and Summer just plain horrible.

:lol: I had a feeling we might get jumped on for saying Summer is OK on this website. I did say that it was my least favorite season in Japan. I'm OK with summer when I'm swimming, in a cool valley in the mountains or hiking high in the mountains. I am not OK with summer when I am sweating at least twice as much as a room full of sweaty stundents trying to make myself care about teaching English so they might care about learning it while my mind just keeps telling me to run for the cool mountain swimming holes to stop my body from leaking salt water just for a second.

For now I'll say it again TGIW!

Yes, you just take that back!

:slap:

(You need to be is censed and apologise issue!)

I also do not like summer here. I like being in a cold bath or up a mountain maybe but they are very temporary fixes to a generally pretty miserable 3 month period of the year here.

:lol: I had a feeling we might get jumped on for saying Summer is OK on this website. I did say that it was my least favorite season in Japan. I'm OK with summer when I'm swimming, in a cool valley in the mountains or hiking high in the mountains. I am not OK with summer when I am sweating at least twice as much as a room full of sweaty stundents trying to make myself care about teaching English so they might care about learning it while my mind just keeps telling me to run for the cool mountain swimming holes to stop my body from leaking salt water just for a second.

For now I'll say it again TGIW!

When you spend summers in swim shorts, t-shirt and flip flops, spitting distance from a cooling dip in the sea, with a cooler bag full of beer at ur side........summer is pretty damn fine :D

Last summer I had the coldest night sleep I have ever had in Japan. Camped out on top of Kita-dake I woke to frost on the ground on August 15th. There are definitely ways to escape the heat. If you have to work on the other hand and your school or workplace is enforcing coolbiz and the air con is set to 28 or 29 then yea I completely agree it does suck.

Edit: #13 Hot cans of coffee