Also back to Kagura :lol: I've never been when the quad is closed but I usually pick blue bird days so I can hike. The Yuzawa report says only up to the romance 1 lift in the Kagura area is open. That would really limit things! I guess you could walk up to some of the closed runs and get some powder but I can now see why people wouldn't want to go on a windy day! Kawaba, Houdaigi and Iwakura in Gunma might be some good options for a windy day. Kawaba gets high winds but even if their quad closes there is another high elevation lift tends to stay open and accesses much of the same area. Houdaigi and Iwakura seem fairly protected despite being fairly high elevation but I can't say for sure having never been in high winds. All three are really nice.

Not Teine Highland......on wind hold :(

The top of Teine can be a real pain with the wind. Last season we lost alot of days when it was closed. This coming weekend isn't looking too great for wind :sadface: . (At least on the K-Pass we have the option of good ol' reliable Racey!)

Yeah, Rusutsu is generally better at coping with the winds. Teine is high and exposed to the winds that whip in off the sea, whereas Rus is less exposed (maybe blocked by Yotei a bit?) and the lifts mostly run up the valleys. Saying that, the wind looks like it's going to be stronger tomorrow and Saturday than today, so I dunno. It sucks to travel all that way only for everything to be closed!

I always fall back on Mt Racey when it's windy as it's a bit more sheltered. Not easy to get to without a car though.

Kagura isn't the place to be on a windy day. Mainly because they usually shut off at least from the top quad and often more. Obviously depending on how windy it actually is.

Muika, how about Maiko?

After cancelling my trip to Ru last night I've woken up to calm conditions......to Teine it is :)

Wise choice Beaverinho, Rusutsu's East Mt. was shut today. Winds looking to continue through tomorrow too :(

Cheers Muika! Am trying to put together a 2-3 day trip to Paradise Alley on or around Sun/Mon/Tues/Weds next week, but the wind looks like it's going to cause problems :-(

After cancelling my trip to Ru last night I've woken up to calm conditions......to Teine it is :)

Wise choice Beaverinho, Rusutsu's East Mt. was shut today. Winds looking to continue through tomorrow too :(

You still in Hokkaido, Sand?

You still in Hokkaido, Sand?

Yeah, was looking at going to Rusutsu today, but ended up spending the morning at Hirafu....

Let me know if/when you plan to head to Rusutsu and we can meet up

We are hitting Teine tomorrow if u fancy a Sapporo shred

would love to, thing is fior me Teine is just a little far as I have to be at work at 1:30. On my off day, Teine is a definite option...