Sugihohara

Akakan

Madarao

Nozawa

Tenjindaira

Cortina

Kagura

Niseko

Which trees take longer to get skied out?

(and by "trees", lets say good lift-served slackcountry, short hike or traverse OK but no skins needed.)

I can only speak for Cortina, Nozawa, Suginohara, Niseko & Tangram (resort joined to Madarao) -If you know the resorts, like really know them, the surrounding terrain and how far you can venture out and still get back, you can find untouched nuggets all day...

Except for maybe Cortina these days on a pow weekend!

Even on a busy weekend I still can find plenty of untracked lines at Kawaba. I know that wasn't in your list but I would say Kagura and Madarao track out much faster. Never had problems at Tenjin either and haven't been to any of the others yet except Nozawa in spring which made it hard to judge.

Quality vs. quantity is a big issue here, and lift-served can mean one lift and lappable, or some combination of five lifts and beginner runs and traverses that takes up to an hour total to get you repositioned for that 300-400 vert of glory. If the quality is high enough though, people will still say the latter is amazing.

Quality vs. quantity is a big issue here, and lift-served can mean one lift and lappable, or some combination of five lifts and beginner runs and traverses that takes up to an hour total to get you repositioned for that 300-400 vert of glory. If the quality is high enough though, people will still say the latter is amazing.

I'd would definitely like quality please but would prefer to have both quality and quantity.