• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day 1 370cm base at top of Isola and decent base at the bottom of West Arrived last night and dragged my 1st time mate out for a basic lesson nice and cold and shouldn't have drank that much before

Teine is powderlicious today

No mate today after 3 days with no snow on a mountain that has been ridden/skied pretty hard I still have a few little spots that bring me joy. it's like your local surf spot or skate park you have a

We had Gondolas on windhold yesterday so Heavenly and #3&4 weren't open either so raced up the mountain today and managed to get Heavenly valley before the hordes arrived from Niskeo there would have been 200 at least all foreigners from everywhere and they trashed the whole heavenly valleys and runs in 2 hours then they all disappeared

There were heaps of guides showing people all the stuff you would need days to find normally.

Saw one guide lead 14 people under a robe to get to the back of heavenly view when the rope only went for another 3M absolute tossers

Please Niseko don't get windy again for the next 9 Days

Dude, Rusutsu don't belong to you dude.

I bet the owners were well chuffed to have the hordes descend. And long may it continue, I want Rusutsu to survive :rollabout:

Granted I think it is great for the company I doubt Rusutsu struggles though with 3 golf courses and an amusement park in summer they make money all year round.

I understand it dosen't belong to me but the reason I pay thousands is so I don't have to deal with crowds I eat & drink at the resort and pay good money to stay here I can have a whinge can't I ? :friend:

Rusutsu is owned by Kamori Kanko.

It's properties include Mt. Teine ski resorts, Sahoro resort, the Grand Hotel in Niseko, a country club, Nakayama-Toge skijo, a bear park.....and a koala park in Australia!!!!

I think the Kamori family isn't doing too badly!!!

They could do with tarting Teine up a bit.....pull down those crumbling Olympic buildings and obselete lifts that dot the mountain

Maybe Teine could do with some of the Niseko hordes. Maybe then they could afford some new infrastructure!

They could do with tarting Teine up a bit.....pull down those crumbling Olympic buildings and obselete lifts that dot the mountain

Maybe Teine could do with some of the Niseko hordes. Maybe then they could afford some new infrastructure!

They are already here.....far too many Bruce n Shiela's in big tour groups

:grandpa:

Pretty quiet on the mountain today a few bus loads from Niseko but they either opened their lifts or everyone knew that they trashed it yesterday just spent the morning running down east vivaldi and combing east mountain nice day.

Wouldn't bother though unless it snows unless you like piste (which is nice) wind turned everything into ice bundies

No mate today after 3 days with no snow on a mountain that has been ridden/skied pretty hard I still have a few little spots that bring me joy.

it's like your local surf spot or skate park you have a good run and you are stoked, I am older now and enjoy the routine of riding having a drink and eating in a decent restaurant. I had a drink with some people tonight who think this place is special although I think it is busier than usual all I need is snow preferably fresh but even today alot of people had fun me being one of them just riding ridden out crud as there is something to compare it to and it is not good. I rode with North Americans/ Europeans who have had a bad season, Aussies & Kiwis who think snow is better than ice and people who have never seen snow.

This place/ Japan is great good season for Rusutsu but I have been coming hear for 6 years and am still finding great lines i have never ridden before

• Like 1

Just let me know when and where mate

We got a little bit of snow today just enough to soften everything up pretty quite but still and we need a good dump some forecast for tonight and tomorrow so fingers crossed

Wow...

I used to want to go to Hokkaido but reading about the dramas and crowds in this an other threads I have changed my mind.

I spent yesterday at a small ski hill in Niigata with a total of 15 people on it. It is a tiny place but great snow and fresh lines all day,

If you are in the Murakami area, drop in at Budoh and help them stay in business.

Seemore, I'll be in Ru on sat.....just booked seats on the bus, but it means we won't be there until 10.....3 of us, 2 English mates and me....keep an eye out for my black plaid jacket if you wanna share some turns :thumbsup: