Why?

An electronic cigarette (or e-cigarette), electronic vaping device, personal vaporizer (PV), or electronic nicotine delivery system (ENDS) (not to be confused with smokeless cigarettes) is a battery-powered device which simulates tobacco smoking. It generally uses a heating element that vaporizes a liquid solution. Some solutions contain a mixture of nicotine and flavourings, while others release a flavoured vapor without nicotine. Many are designed to simulate smoking implements, such as cigarettes or cigars, in their use and/or appearance, while others are considerably different in appearance.

The benefits and risks of electronic cigarette use are uncertain. They may carry a risk of developing nicotine addiction, and their regulation is the subject of ongoing debate.

Being able to get their fix without bothering other people... I had a boss that used it. apparently its a more pure form of smoking, you don't get the toxins and such... I can see why they're trying to sell it with the "persecution" of smokers across the first world nations. Some even use them to help quit smoking as you can get less and less concentrated doses of nicotine

It's also answering the psycho-somatic aspect to the addiction.....my dad used to say the cravings were fine but his hands having nothing to do was difficult.....he'd often carry a pen or pencil around to hold like a cigarette when the cravings took hold

I'm a big fan of these. I love smoking hubbly(yes i'm very aware that it's still bad for you) purely for the taste. I just love that aspect of it. With E-cigs, you can get zero precent nicotine drops that are still big in flavour. Does that sound stupid, yup. But I ain't bothering nobody, its "healthier" and i'm happy, so thats all that counts. :D