SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tubby Beaver

Summer Flight Watch 2014

I'm going 21st July for 3 weeks.

I will of course gambaru with my England Pie & Beers thread, hopefully with some live feeds from Mold.

Night out in Liverpool?

c'mon, this ain't a dating site. Is it? :veryshocked:

Countdown on now that it's getting hotter.

Is Des Lynam as good as the other bloke?

Does Carol still do the conundrum?

I'm planning on 20 days back to San Fransisco / LA, not booked yet.

That sounds interesting! I also want to have a visit LA too. But just a plain plan for now. :rolleyes:

Is Des Lynam as good as the other bloke?

Does Carol still do the conundrum?

Isn't Des dead? or on some sex charge from 1962?

As I obviously have nothing else to do, I spent a whopping 45 seconds checking my flight to see how much it would cost me if I booked it today rather than a few months ago.

Result - it's 9000 yen more expensive to book it now.

I thought mines was a fair bit more expensive but actually it's not.....I had forgotten what I paid in the first place :doh:

The ticket I bought for my wife last week to join me in Canada during obon is 80,000¥ more expensive now. Quite the increase in one week and super happy I didn't wait any longer. My ticket, a direct flight to Canada at the end of July was 200,000¥. A bit more than I wanted to spend but paying the extra money to avoid having to transfer in America is worth it.

Yeah transfers that add a ton of time are awful.

I did that once - it adding 10 hours to my journey - I decided it was better to pay a bit more...

The added time can be bad but having to go through America is worse under pretty much any circumstance. I can't believe some of the people they have working at the airports in the states... Pretty much the worst of the worst and a shame that this is the first contact you have with America when you arrive.

• Like 1

US airports are truly abysmal and an embarrassment to the country.

I can't understand why any non-American would want to fly there for a vacation anymore.

I can't believe some of the people they have working at the airports in the states... Pretty much the worst of the worst and a shame that this is the first contact you have with America when you arrive.

Same sadly applies to UK, specifically Heathrow.

Yeah my missus got detained, on her first visit to Britain, overnight (and missed her connection to Edinburgh) due to perceived "discrepancies" in our "story".....WTF? Welcome to Britain!! I was f##king raging!! Had to get my dad to call immigration at heathrow and smooth things over

Totally.....when asked how long she was staying, she said 3 months, when they asked me I'd said a few months....that was the discrepancy in our story.....the tourist visa allows her to stay 6 months!! WTF?!? I was livid

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.