• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The added time can be bad but having to go through America is worse under pretty much any circumstance. I can't believe some of the people they have working at the airports in the states... Pretty mu

I never really go back and look at prices once I have bought, with other purchases too.

Now it's got hot, I'm really looking forward to the summer break. Worst 6 weeks of the year coming up!

Totally.....when asked how long she was staying, she said 3 months, when they asked me I'd said a few months....that was the discrepancy in our story.....the tourist visa allows her to stay 6 months!! WTF?!? I was livid

Bloody hecks, that's terrible.

Presumably she doesn't look well dodgy? ;)

Heathrow is a depressing introduction to the UK.

That and the train ride into London with litter strewn about everywhere, graffiti and everything else.

It's embarrassing coming from Japan.

:lol: no she's quite respectable looking. Like I said, I was fuming at them. Another thing as well, when my dad spoke to them and sorted it all out, they just released her into heathrow airport....at 10pm....she'd missed her flight and they vaguely pointed her in the direction of the hotel booking desks....80 quid to stay a night at the airport till her rearranged flight the next day.....a cynic may even say it's a scam!!

I reckon they might well do.

But on analysing this case in quite some detail, Tubby, I must say that your story of "a few months" and her somewhat differing story of "3 months" does raise some serious red flags - you can see how they thought it highly suspicious. Some of these 'terrorists' try to make themselves look somewhat respectable looking, especially the Japanese female ones - that's how they get away with their dastardly deeds.

:lol: no she's quite respectable looking.

It must have been the accent then. "See you big man, ahm jest hear for a wee trip. A few months like, Jimmy"

Which would've been fine if she was flying direct Into Edinburgh! :)

What irked me the most, was when I tried to calm down and reason with her by saying..."so let's assume her answer and my answer had been the same, and you gave her the tourist stamp.....how long could she stay in the country for?".....her answer "6 months!!" So WTF is the problem then you absolute imbecile of a woman?!?

• 4 weeks later...

Whats all this about them now not allowing you to take on uncharged devices or something?

The thing that really annoys me each time is having to take out my laptop and ipad at the airport. No-one has told me what value there is in doing that. Can't x-rays look through my canvas bag? :confused:

Sounds like fun.

Can't imagine that people turn up at the airport with completely run down gear. Though I suppose that is the point - and they checking for that.

Yeah my missus got detained, on her first visit to Britain, overnight (and missed her connection to Edinburgh) due to perceived "discrepancies" in our "story".....WTF? Welcome to Britain!! I was f##king raging!! Had to get my dad to call immigration at heathrow and smooth things over

Will I will tell you if i can rejoin the misses after imigration in Narita - may be I get detained for my tatoos? Do they take fotos of tatoos by now? Has irisscan been interducet?

Everytime some new exciting thing.

However my daughter disappears in the flight everytime - but security never wonders. Flighing out of Europe with one pasport with one name and flighing into Japan with an other passport with an other name.

Done so for 20 years - nobody has wonder about this so fare. love-you-dad-smiley-emoticon.gif

If you have silly tattoos - well, perhaps I should say especially silly tattoos - can you share them so we can put them in the "face tattoos are cool" or "flesh tunnel" threads?

Maybe even both.

Depends on just how silly they are.

:thumbsup:

Does this fine bit of ink say salami?

https://s1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/cwYJBTLOxDT4Sqt4SDCYhw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-GB/blogs/the-rio-report-uk/jamesblogrodriguez.jpg

Perhaps he's recording for posterity what he ate for a special meal. Maybe his favorite meal that his gran made.

Or what he wanted to eat for tea that day.