• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The added time can be bad but having to go through America is worse under pretty much any circumstance. I can't believe some of the people they have working at the airports in the states... Pretty mu

I'm going 21st July for 3 weeks.

I will of course gambaru with my England Pie & Beers thread, hopefully with some live feeds from Mold.

Night out in Liverpool?

c'mon, this ain't a dating site. Is it? :veryshocked:

• 2 months later...

As I obviously have nothing else to do, I spent a whopping 45 seconds checking my flight to see how much it would cost me if I booked it today rather than a few months ago.

Result - it's 9000 yen more expensive to book it now.

The ticket I bought for my wife last week to join me in Canada during obon is 80,000¥ more expensive now. Quite the increase in one week and super happy I didn't wait any longer. My ticket, a direct flight to Canada at the end of July was 200,000¥. A bit more than I wanted to spend but paying the extra money to avoid having to transfer in America is worth it.

The added time can be bad but having to go through America is worse under pretty much any circumstance. I can't believe some of the people they have working at the airports in the states... Pretty much the worst of the worst and a shame that this is the first contact you have with America when you arrive.

• Like 1

I can't believe some of the people they have working at the airports in the states... Pretty much the worst of the worst and a shame that this is the first contact you have with America when you arrive.

Same sadly applies to UK, specifically Heathrow.

Yeah my missus got detained, on her first visit to Britain, overnight (and missed her connection to Edinburgh) due to perceived "discrepancies" in our "story".....WTF? Welcome to Britain!! I was f##king raging!! Had to get my dad to call immigration at heathrow and smooth things over

Totally.....when asked how long she was staying, she said 3 months, when they asked me I'd said a few months....that was the discrepancy in our story.....the tourist visa allows her to stay 6 months!! WTF?!? I was livid