A little early perhaps but I've a wedding to go home for this summer and have been keeping an eye on prices.......I saw a Tokyo to Edinburgh flight for 117k so decided to just pull the trigger on that, flying via Istanbul with Turkish Airlines (looking forward to the in-flight kebabs!) thats July 26th to Aug 8th, so high season. A good price I thought.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The added time can be bad but having to go through America is worse under pretty much any circumstance. I can't believe some of the people they have working at the airports in the states... Pretty mu

That's super cheap compared to BA or KLM. Thanks for for the info! I've already looked and BA is 80,000 for the BS add ons alone. Edinburgh is not that far from us, so it might be a goer. I wouldn't mind a stopover in Istanbul either.

Yeah I've looked at a couple of Newcastle flights, only about 3hrs to Dundee and connected by train....but nothing significantly cheaper than the closer flight to Edinburgh to offset the longer travel time

On KLM, in July Narita-Newcastle is 155,000. In my case, I need four tickets, or five if its the end of July when my youngest turns two, so every 10,000 difference is 40,000 off for me. We have to hire a car to get around anyway, so doing it at Edinburgh or doing it at Newcastle is no big difference. I've just had a look and a stopover in Istanbul for us would only add about 7000 yen each. Sounds like a great deal.

I just looked going into Manchester. The shortest flight times seem to be up around 20 hours some 30 hours, including connection no doubt.

One thing I like about KLM is how quick the connection is.

There was a study done about this. The article I read a while back said Tuesday about 3 months before you travel. Tuesday because they get the planning stats on a Monday and thy can't get arsed to do it until Tuesday.

• 1 month later...

Thinking about heading back to the Uk this coming winter for a couple of weeks or so, haven't been back in 3 or 4 years now so would like to go back see my folks, they sure would be happy to see my daughter. We use skype every week or most weeks, but not the same.

Too busy in summer, so I got a bit of time before I need to think about booking flights.

Do any clever people know the 'best time' to buy tickets... like a few months before or closer etc. Or is it just luck the way they change.

Insert your own comment about a certain Asian airline....

My missus is working now so we're not going this year. I was quite up for Istanbul, so its a bit of a shame.

The nightmare but cheap route to the UK used to be via Dubai on Emirates. They used to fly into Chubu and Kansai, but I think those routes are a goner and the ones left aren't particularly cheap anymore. You'd also get to go through the infamous drug scanner that could get you thrown in the slammer for some poppy seeds off a bread roll.

I'm going 21st July for 3 weeks.

I will of course gambaru with my England Pie & Beers thread, hopefully with some live feeds from Mold.

Strangely in a perverse sort of way, am looking forward to that.

I'm going 21st July for 3 weeks.

I will of course gambaru with my England Pie & Beers thread, hopefully with some live feeds from Mold.

Night out in Liverpool?