Quote:
you can ski runs of 40-50 degrees with all sorts of varying terrain thrown in to mix things up and challenge me as a skier
 Quote:
Iwas so looking forward to those mountains last weekend bummer.

Best snow is a hard question cause it goes hand in hand with what you ski. Ive had great days at sunpeaks in Canada. 2500 vertical feet of 25 to 45 degree knee and thigh deep snow. the 45 degree stuff is limiting though and only has maybe a day like that a year. The mountain doesnt really challenge you after a bit unless you hike. So I spent the better part of 1.5years hiking. I love it and it yields great snow, but why was I hiking? Cause I wanted a challenge and a rush. Even being on 30 degree slopes in the BC gives me more of a rush than 35 degrees inbounds. The fact that every move you make you are responsible for elevates the rush.

So best snow..... again hard question.
this year I think tsugaike or cortina cause I got freahies all day over the head. (im short)

But deepest day was dec29th I think at happo. unsettled nipple deep blower. but by 12 the fresh was all but gone. Thus its memory fades cause the terrain became lacking.

My best days on the mountain sometimes to even meean best snow days. Riding with good mates and having a blast is cool too. Last weekend crap snow at dynaland but a great park and pipe. the best part was chilling and laughing with Oufreeski2. I havent laughed that hard in along time and it makes me miss the fact that we choose different paths to ski. He really wants to improve his NS skills and I want bigger lines to improve my all round skiing.

Again the question is loaded best snow

Hey toque, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with your opinion, but the question was "best snow". I looked at it as not a terrain issue or any other point, just a pure snow rating. I did see the Niseko wink but I'd be a liar if said I'd got better snow anywhere else in the world.

two days at WhiteWater near Nelson, BC. we had 60 cm of fresh on the first day followed by 35cm on the second day. It was ridiculous and mid-week too.

i've also had fantastic days at Red Mountain (Rossland, BC) and Big White (Kelowna, BC)

i've yet to try Fernie (BC), but it holds the prize among my skiing buddies back home.

i'm going to Hakkoda in a couple of weeks so I'll see how that compares.