• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell them you've registered rainjapan.com and are moving the site over. Your logo can be a telephone box in the middle of a huge puddle.

Deeeeep day at Sapporo Kokosai. Easily mid thigh in places. Deepest day of the trip for sure.

Heading back up the hill today......beautiful bluebird today, no new snow but there'll be plenty left from yesterday in the trees   Got a mate in tow as his flight was cancelled yesterday and he ha

Muikabochisan (or anyone..) do you think it's worth a last minute punt up to hakuba this Saturday? Just learned my schedule has opened up, was wondering where could be good..

Saturday and Sunday are looking a lot better than today and tomorrow! But they wont be "saiko"

If anything stay high on the upper slopes.

Yeah, I'm scanning the weather reports to see where is taking the least massive damage. At the moment it's looking like a toss-up between hakuba (the missus realllly wants to head there) and old favourite marunuma (figuring the height will lift it out of the drab conditions, and the 'devil road' will be clear due to the recent bad weather).

As a ray of hope, a sneaky peak on weathernews is suggesting the mid half of next week could offer something white and fluffy, and I don't mean the Easter bunny.

Will be off skiing this Saturday regardless of confitions as my wifes Aunt is coming up for the weekend and she wants to ski.

Was going to go to Myoko but think ill give it a miss this weekend and stay local and high.

Sun meadows would have got snow today not rain.

Dont know about Kobuchisawa as I am out all day but it was snowing lightly this morning when I left.

Have a good time! I didn't know where that was and had to look it up. It's a good sized resort. Their website has the byline

TONIKAKU YUKISHITSU GA II! GOKUJOU POWDER SNOW WO SUBERU!

I've only ever seen the word "gokujou" next to kalbi that's too expensive to feed to my kids down at the yakiniku, but I'm sure it must be amazing. :)

Have a good time! I didn't know where that was and had to look it up. It's a good sized resort. Their website has the byline

TONIKAKU YUKISHITSU GA II! GOKUJOU POWDER SNOW WO SUBERU!

I've only ever seen the word "gokujou" next to kalbi that's too expensive to feed to my kids down at the yakiniku, but I'm sure it must be amazing. :)

Daburupōsuto sumimasen!

Yeah, I go there as a failsafe. Runs aren't anything special, but there is some tree fun to be had and it's not famous enough to have every man and his dog (literally, by some recent photos) messing up your jam.

If I can get a decent bakaproof case, I'll try and get footage/review done l, as the last one is a few years ago?

Can't do much on the black runs yet, though. Maybe next year.

Was just looking at my weather records that I keep, and here we have had 91 days straight where temperatures at night have been below freezing! Last night that spell was broken it only got down to 1oC.

Our first frost was back in October, but continuous run of below freezing days started from 29th Nov through until 27th Feb!

Will be interesting to see how many straight days it keeps below freezing at night next year.