Looks like the storm has arrived just a dusting at the moment about 2cm where the wind hasnt blown the snow around.

Will be interesting to see how much we get by the time this storm is over.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell them you've registered rainjapan.com and are moving the site over. Your logo can be a telephone box in the middle of a huge puddle.

Deeeeep day at Sapporo Kokosai. Easily mid thigh in places. Deepest day of the trip for sure.

Heading back up the hill today......beautiful bluebird today, no new snow but there'll be plenty left from yesterday in the trees   Got a mate in tow as his flight was cancelled yesterday and he ha

Had to brush about 20cm off the car this morning. Heading up to Asahikawa this weekend for Asahidake and Kamui Ski Links. With a bit of the Sounkyo Ice Festival thrown in this evening.

Haha just like the Chuo, which will almost certainly be closed again! Although on the local Yamanashi news last night they said they have got a lot more bulldozers this week ready for this expected snow, so I wonder can they really keep the motorway open? We shall see.

I can understand the urban highways in Nagoya etc. closing for a couple of days with snow but the Chuo Tokyobound from Okaya is pathetic. Enforce chain rules and enforce a 50km/h or lower limit (even flash the cameras now and again to get people to obey it), but completely closing is crap. It snows around there regularly enough to have the same equipment in place as Myoko where the highway stays open in blizzards.

Fwiw, its only the well-used highways like the Tomei, the Kanetsu and the Chuo that actually pay for themselves. The tolls they pull in are used to subsidize all the other ones, some of which clearly must have more snowploughs.

All roads including Chuo are open I think at the minute but I wonder how long for. We got about 15-18cm new snow at the moment since this moment that added to the 60 or so left from last week means its deep everywhere.

If this keeps up will be interesting to see where we put all the snow.

The snow is now really kicking into gear..

One of the best days of the season today!! Was fricking awesome.........beautiful blue skies all day and some fresh boot top to knee deep powder!! Hardly anyone up at Teine as well, I don't think I rode a piste all day. Nakazawa was ridiculous :D

All the passes around here in Shizuoka are closed. SO many dummy drivers around here...!!

Including Kameishi? I was thinking about coming over for a surf tomorrow. Is there a way to check local road closures around here?

Especially Kameishi.....Naka-Izu and Nekkan were closed, too. I had to come over Route 1 through Hakkone and down into Odawara and then back down the coast. Took 6 hours to get home today...

My wife calls each of the above offices for information.

Took me 20 mins to drive 4klm.

It is puking we are talking super heavy Myoko style snow. It is snowing so heavy that I can bearly see in front of me. Over 30cms of fresh here now and snowing at a rate of 10+cm and hour and supposed to get even heavier tonght.

6 hours to get home today? And it's 4pm now.

Were you coming back from staying over at 'a friends'?

:evilgrin:

Can't get anything by you GG....haha...!! Na, got to work..half an hour later decided to go back home...

Getting back at the milkman!

Haha....