• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell them you've registered rainjapan.com and are moving the site over. Your logo can be a telephone box in the middle of a huge puddle.

Deeeeep day at Sapporo Kokosai. Easily mid thigh in places. Deepest day of the trip for sure.

Heading back up the hill today......beautiful bluebird today, no new snow but there'll be plenty left from yesterday in the trees   Got a mate in tow as his flight was cancelled yesterday and he ha

Wow conditions are sick.

Up top up to 40cm of pow and plenty of untouched to and still puking.

Too bad the ski resorts in Yamanashi suck balls :p

In other news, it's snowing here. First time I've seen something like this in this area. Since no one drives with snow tires I'm guessing there will be quite a few accidents!

I'm not there now but my weather widget on my phone says it's snowing and -1 at Totsuka. This means my street will be totally blocked by idiots with 2wd and no snow tires trying to get up the steep hill to our apartment block. Not sure why they try, theres a 200 car park block at the bottom of the hill where they can park. But still they always try to drive up the hill.

Back home now after pulling some stuck cars from the snow. 40-cm outside my house and still puking and should get even heavier.

I reckon if it keeps up like this we should be good for 60+cm today. Everything is burried.

Closing on 80cm here now and they dont bulldoze or rather havent bulldozed the roads around our way so no one is going anywhere.

I tried my car in 60cm deep snow and it could drive through it just about.

But everything is freezing solid and just too deep even for my car now so mot going anywhere today.

Debatable if I will go skiing tomorrow although as our original plans have been cancelled due to snow thought to go skiing buy if they dont clear the roads and at the rate its snowing if it continues we will hit the one metre mark. Snowing at about 10cm /hr.

Ok thought I would wack up a few snow pics from my area here in Kobuchisawa of today's snow, which is still going but at a lesser rate at the moment!

med_gallery_8995_379_2017148.jpg

On the way back from skiing

med_gallery_8995_379_960535.jpg

med_gallery_8995_379_1751391.jpg

In my village, too deep to open my doors

med_gallery_8995_379_2249186.jpg

med_gallery_8995_379_2228316.jpg

med_gallery_8995_379_598109.jpg

med_gallery_8995_379_524411.jpg

My truck aint going anywhere!

med_gallery_8995_379_403389.jpg

A view from my back garden

med_gallery_8995_379_1075731.jpg

My wife's car is now buried!

med_gallery_8995_379_785544.jpg

med_gallery_8995_379_859162.jpg

med_gallery_8995_379_1830631.jpg

Everything is buried!

med_gallery_8995_379_4120801.jpg

Another view of my back garden

I might put some more up tomorrow of the area, if I can get out that is!

I think Honshu is getting it today was pretty busy going up West Gondola I saw 15 people hiking Shiribetsu and the Gulleys are trekked out

Sounds busy up there mate. Are the glory days over?