I was at Budoh today. Bright sunshine and soft Spring-like conditions. I was out without a ski jacket.

While we were there there was an announcement over the speakers saying that there was a prefecture-wide warning about air pollution, to avoid going outside for long periods and particularly to avoid strenuous exercise outside. Scary stuff.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell them you've registered rainjapan.com and are moving the site over. Your logo can be a telephone box in the middle of a huge puddle.

Deeeeep day at Sapporo Kokosai. Easily mid thigh in places. Deepest day of the trip for sure.

Heading back up the hill today......beautiful bluebird today, no new snow but there'll be plenty left from yesterday in the trees   Got a mate in tow as his flight was cancelled yesterday and he ha

Rusutsu is officially RS

I have ridden everywhere and the only untracked turns are slush scoped some good spots for next year though

Thought I was in Oz on the last run down West refrozen ball bearing bundies from the melted slush .

Some groomers in the morning then home

Wow, warning about air pollution at the skijo?!

It was a warning about the air in the prefecture everywhere. Budoh ski-jyo is owned and operated by Murakami City so maybe they are obligated to broadcast official public warnings and announcements or something. It was damn hazy around today.

What we need is another proper winter storm to blow the bad air away and deliver a nice refresh to all the slopes.

The roads in Shibata city are completely dry and clear. I actually rode my skateboard to go shopping this evening, something unthinkable in February. It seriously looks like April up here.

Rusutsu is officially RS

I have ridden everywhere and the only untracked turns are slush scoped some good spots for next year though

Thought I was in Oz on the last run down West refrozen ball bearing bundies from the melted slush .

Some groomers in the morning then home

An official declaration of Rat Shit conditions. That is scarier than the brown skies.

I tried to Google it but to no avail

Large combined rock like features of sand or Ice we used to through sand bundies ( hard accumulated sand ) at each other.

So I call an accumulation of snow turned to Ice "Bundies"

Yes very warm and that odd hazy around the region today.

March has delivered before though when it has seemed a helpless case. We can but believe.

Fingers crossed. Maybe toes too, because it looks like we're off to a warm start. My season goal of becoming remotely competent in pow on skis is looking a bit distant.

Yes very warm and that odd hazy around the region today.

March has delivered before though when it has seemed a helpless case. We can but believe.

Fingers crossed. Maybe toes too, because it looks like we're off to a warm start. My season goal of becoming remotely competent in pow on skis is looking a bit distant.

Hey...slush takes perfecting as well ya know... :wave:

Muikabochisan (or anyone..) do you think it's worth a last minute punt up to hakuba this Saturday? Just learned my schedule has opened up, was wondering where could be good..

I'm in Niigata, 3 hours drive from Hakuba, so I'm not the one to ask.

(Doesn't look particular enticing though!)

As for here. I'm on the doorstep and I probably won't be bothering. Doesn't sound like anywhere is particularly good at the moment. More a case of where is the least bad!