• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell them you've registered rainjapan.com and are moving the site over. Your logo can be a telephone box in the middle of a huge puddle.

Deeeeep day at Sapporo Kokosai. Easily mid thigh in places. Deepest day of the trip for sure.

Heading back up the hill today......beautiful bluebird today, no new snow but there'll be plenty left from yesterday in the trees   Got a mate in tow as his flight was cancelled yesterday and he ha

Looks like we're in for some decent snow up here over the weekend. But it's going to be accompanied by strong winds, and probably the resultant lift closures. Sucks for us weekend warriors!

Multiple day dumpage from the north wasn't the way last season and hasn't been this so far this year. 40cm-50cm is about my favourite depth, so I'm not so bothered if we don't get fuyugata-type prolonged storms. 10 on the town, 30-40 on the mountain is ideal for me!

Hopefully no repeat of May weather in March like last year. That was a serious stoke killer.

Well the rain turned to snow here in Kobuchisawa by the look of it as this evening when I got back noticed odd patches of snow and icy roads.

Stopped at the moment but if it starts up again maybe lucky amd get some snow fall.

Sun meadows would have had snow for sure. Looks like I will be going skiing tomorrow if that is the case.

Will look in the morning and decide.

According to my daughter when I picked her up from Juku just now it snowed really heavy here for about 30 mins before turning to rain and was all white for a while thats why the patches of snow on the ground.

Roads outside my house are like ice rinks now.

Ast2 course in hakuba next week.

I would consider nzmsc avi 1 as an option, this is the 7 day prerequisite industry recognised course for the ski patrol and ski guide pathway.

just an idea, may not be your thing.

Ast2 course in hakuba next week.

I would consider nzmsc avi 1 as an option, this is the 7 day prerequisite industry recognised course for the ski patrol and ski guide pathway.

just an idea, may not be your thing.

I have previously done ast1 and am now doing ast2. Im not trying to get a job anywhere, I just want to learn as much as I can.

NZ does not interest me in the slightest (assuming I would have to go there to take the course?)

Weird fcking weather here! It is below freezing about -1.5 but not actually snowing rather icying It is icy rain falling and freezing and turning into snow on the roads and paths, it is as slippery as hell out there. I took my wife's car out earlier on to pick her up from the station today and the car was sliding all over the place. Now we got dense freezing fog to add to the mix.

I wonder if we will wake up to snow or just icy everywhere tomorrow morning?

The forecasted snow didn't fall.....a tiny dusting.....heading up to Teine now, hopefully the hill fared better....news showed some decent snow falling at Otaru so hopefully it's on it's way over.....it's at least colder today but very sunny tho at the moment in Sapporo. Forecast is for snow all day though....here's hoping