• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell them you've registered rainjapan.com and are moving the site over. Your logo can be a telephone box in the middle of a huge puddle.

Deeeeep day at Sapporo Kokosai. Easily mid thigh in places. Deepest day of the trip for sure.

Heading back up the hill today......beautiful bluebird today, no new snow but there'll be plenty left from yesterday in the trees   Got a mate in tow as his flight was cancelled yesterday and he ha

Rusutsu was amazing today!!!

Had to wait a little while for the lifts to start up.....but once they did!!!

Knee ~ waist deep in spots. Bad wind on Isola and some real hard packed snow but the Heavenly and Steamboat areas were insane!! Best runs of my season so far!

Still snowing now as we're leaving.....tomorrow will be another unbelievable day!!!

Just out of curiosity, what time did the lifts get going, I was umming and arring about going today and stupidly decided not to...

But I will be there tomorrow...

The gondola up to the top of East mtn started around 9:40. They were announcing that Isola was closed but we headed over that way anyway at around 10:30 and all the lifts were up and running (the pair lift back to the gondola station at East mtn was still shut at 1:40, they said it was due to open at sometime soon, but we didn't wait and got the other pair lift instead.

Was VERY windy and poor vis at the top of Isola. Must be plenty still left for u tomorrow!!

• Like 1

Rusutsu was amazing today!!!

Had to wait a little while for the lifts to start up.....but once they did!!!

Knee ~ waist deep in spots. Bad wind on Isola and some real hard packed snow but the Heavenly and Steamboat areas were insane!! Best runs of my season so far!

Still snowing now as we're leaving.....tomorrow will be another unbelievable day!!!

Just out of curiosity, what time did the lifts get going, I was umming and arring about going today and stupidly decided not to...

But I will be there tomorrow...

Don't think u were the only one umming and arring Seemore. Apart from the initial endless lines to get on the gondola, it was relatively deserted. Hardly saw anyother riders!

Have fun tomorrow!

Kokusai for me.

thanks sapporo, annoyed that I second guessed myself...I am heading there with a friend of Mitch's from Utah...

edit: have fun at Kokusai sapporo, btw seemore is the other guy who loves Rusutsu

thanks sapporo, annoyed that I second guessed myself...I am heading there with a friend of Mitch's from Utah...

edit: have fun at Kokusai sapporo, btw seemore is the other guy who loves Rusutsu

I'll be there tomorrow too. I know Mitch, is he going? If I see him I'll say hi!

I think maybe we met once Sand, at Wild Bills when a few SJ folks were meeting up 3-4 seasons ago?

I'll be there tomorrow too. I know Mitch, is he going? If I see him I'll say hi!

I think maybe we met once Sand, at Wild Bills when a few SJ folks were meeting up 3-4 seasons ago?

that's right,no Mitch is up north for a bit, but his friend is a pretty good skier as well with a strong history of being a park rat...

I'll be in a long red jacket and blue pants, ...

Yeah we went to Racey. Some people might have been a little hungover this morning, so it was a late start. It was really deep though, and a good day, Racey just doesn't have the steepness or more exciting lines that Teine has. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Cool! I'll keep my eyes open! What skis do you ride? I'm red jacket, black pants, white helmet and Francis Bacons.

Atomic automatics like my profile pic. Black and purple smith helmet, Will keep an eye out too.

Oops, sorry Sand.

How was it today Sand....

Seemore....

Anyone else that went to Rusutsu??

Nice powder day at Kokusai until it turned to sun crust around 1~2pm.

exactly same in Rusutsu, spring sun baked the same nice crust at similar time

my mates who were at Rusutsu said it was quality :confused:

definately, had a great day, my skis made mince meat of the afternoon chowder, Was a lot of fun.

We had a quality day too at a very natsukashi resort.

Will put up a report later well to be precise tomorrow I got to be up at 3:30am so just going relax this evening and do f all.

It was quite warm and sunny today with lots of melting going on, but since mid afternoon it's been snowing again.....tomorrow should be good conditions again