A freind of mine went on a skiing trip to Nagano on Friday by bus. 40 foreigners - they got stuck in the middle of Yamanashi. Spent the night on the bus and then found their ways to a fire station where they spent Saturday night. They are not allowed to go anywhere - they have no showers and the conbini has now sold out of food and booze and it looks like they have to spend another night there tonight!

Now that genuinely sounds "saiyaku"!

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell them you've registered rainjapan.com and are moving the site over. Your logo can be a telephone box in the middle of a huge puddle.

Deeeeep day at Sapporo Kokosai. Easily mid thigh in places. Deepest day of the trip for sure.

Heading back up the hill today......beautiful bluebird today, no new snow but there'll be plenty left from yesterday in the trees   Got a mate in tow as his flight was cancelled yesterday and he ha

Thats sucks must be annoying for the people who want to use the road but cant because of the abandoned cars.

Was going to go skiing today but too tired so cant be bothered also it will take an age to get anywhere.

Maybe tomorrow or later this week if I have time.

Yes very annoying. We are in Osaka and couldn't go home yesterday because of the closed expressways. Hopefully we can make it home today.

Where are you stuck at now Onehunga??

Still in Osaka. Will head home tonight. Looks like everything we need to get home has opened up.

Ah...gotcha....I misread and thought you were trying to get back TO Osaka. Surely, the Tomei is better today... :confused:

Just the last part of the shin tomei is shut. Was the same last week so we just cut across to the tomei atthe last moment. Was good because the shin tomei was almost empty. Was able to travel very quickly. Will do same tonight. Just have to time it so exit expressway after 12 to get half price tolls.

The festival big main event was cancelled - bad weather meant that most of the special guests could not get here! And bad weather of course.

A shame, if only we could have some clear weather on that day in the winter.

Reporting 20cms on official site but windblown stashes deeper

20cms on the ground at East base

been snowing all day but windy

EXCELLENT day. today was totally unexpected as forecast was light snow/cloudy

its still very windy……blowing that snow all over the place……there'l be some deep drifts of snow all over the mountain……if the lifts are open. Could also make it a tad dangerous

Manage to make it to my local ski jo it took one hour to get here. Hardly anyone here about ten people so my daughter and I practically have a private ski resort.

Looking forward to getting some turns in as I havent been skiing for just over a week now.