• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell them you've registered rainjapan.com and are moving the site over. Your logo can be a telephone box in the middle of a huge puddle.

Deeeeep day at Sapporo Kokosai. Easily mid thigh in places. Deepest day of the trip for sure.

Heading back up the hill today......beautiful bluebird today, no new snow but there'll be plenty left from yesterday in the trees   Got a mate in tow as his flight was cancelled yesterday and he ha

Kagura tomorrow planned:

大雪の影響で雪崩の危険性があるため、みつまたステーション側は「みつまたロープウェー~かぐら第1高速リフトまで」、田代ステーション側は「田代ロープウェー~田代第1高速リフトまで」の営業を予定いたしております

Mitsumata Ropeway to Kagura 1 quad; Tashiro Ropeway to Tashiro 1 quad.

Ok here are a few pics I took around my house to give you an idea of how much snow we got!

med_gallery_8995_383_1010713.jpg

med_gallery_8995_383_626821.jpg

My shed and clothes line almost buried

med_gallery_8995_383_810949.jpg

Our cars buried

med_gallery_8995_383_2659313.jpg

My street before we cleared all the snow from the road

med_gallery_8995_383_2683335.jpg

This afternoon once a path was made through the snow.

In total between all of us we actually got the other side roads cleared enough to get cars through, problem is the road that leads down to our estate hasn't been bulldozed today and if it isn't bulldozed tomorrow either no one will be going anywhere.

Kofu is all over the weather news today Snowdude...and you got more up there where you are I know... Dig, man, DIG!! :sj-lol: :wave:

Yes us Yamanashi people are becoming famous for getting very heavy and the most snow in Japan, hehe, I quite like that!

Haha yeah been digging all day, me and everyone else that is. Im well knackered, but between us all we dug enough snow away to just about be able to get one car out of our drive ways.

Now just got to wait for the bulldozer to clear the road tomorrow or the next day so that we can actually leave our estate!

Skiing is cancelled tomorrow that is for sure, I reckon I might go for a slide Monday, assuming the roads are clear enough to drive on.

Wow! Thats a lot of snow!

Unfortunately I won't be going out tomorrow - high winds and avalanche risk mean most of the good stuff at Kagura is inaccessible and my other idea of driving somewhere like Fukushima or Tochigi is a non-starter as all the expressways are closed!

My snow day tomorrow is cancelled too. I was booked on to a bus tour to Maiko, leaving from Niigata City. I got a call about 2 hours ago to say it was cancelled due to the weather. The report up here in Kaetsu is looking dodgy, strong wind and maybe even rain.

Looks like a lay day for me.

As far as being manageable we are already past that amount actually. I guess about 50cm-1 metre per time is doable, but 2 metres at a time is stretching it. Having said that I love snow and lots of it so I am well happy at the moment, but if we get another dump of 1 metre or more it is going to be a major problem of where to put the snow as we already have snow walls over three metres tall all over the village.and the space between all the houses are full of snow.

But after a crappy rather dry January I am enjoying this very good February as long as we get regular top us that will be good.

• Like 1