• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell them you've registered rainjapan.com and are moving the site over. Your logo can be a telephone box in the middle of a huge puddle.

Deeeeep day at Sapporo Kokosai. Easily mid thigh in places. Deepest day of the trip for sure.

Heading back up the hill today......beautiful bluebird today, no new snow but there'll be plenty left from yesterday in the trees   Got a mate in tow as his flight was cancelled yesterday and he ha

Great day at Rusutsu nearly transformed the mountain with the snow last night some nice windblown stashes

Got it's busy though ski school riding of piste and groups of 8-10 aussies riding everything

Decided to go and have a snow onsen thst went down very well. Now im nice and relaxed been very tired this week.

Going back to my house before I cant get back it is closing on 40cm deep now.

About 15 at my place and well powdery. Rather than shoveling, you can just brush it to one side with the shovel blade. Its often the way with snow from the south.

I had a couple of hours at Tsugaike this afternoon and it was quite good, about 10-15 on scrapey melt-freeze that could be felt here and there on the steeper bits.

Tomorrow should be killer.

the foreign creep has started in Teine as well.....Black Diamond bring tours over apparently :grandpa:

seemore if you are ever over in sapporo, give me a shout

Thinking about TB but the forecast looks good for snow cheers mate

Great day at Rusutsu nearly transformed the mountain with the snow last night some nice windblown stashes

Got it's busy though ski school riding of piste and groups of 8-10 aussies riding everything

sounding better.. i'm off to the airport headed to rusu now! :D

Was going to go skiing but will see what conditions are like if the roads are clear enough probably go otherwise will wait until Sunday.

We have had getting on for 60cm now and another 60 forecast for tonight until 6am tomorrow.

Its like 1.5 metre deep outside now in loads of places.

Do you know what, I reckon we should have a word with the Niigata governor and get him/her to lend us their bulldozers, snow blowers, etc it's not as if they need them this year is it, where we on the other hand do!

Unbelievable snow here well over a metre of snow fall here now and it is getting heavier.

So much snow I need to clear the entrance and backvdoor area otherwise not going to get out of my house by the morning. Everything is buried.

Even Kofu has more than 70cm of snowvfall today as well.

Its weird but here in Ibaraki we've had almost nothing. Checking the radar and all day there has been an Ibaraki-shaped dry spot over Ibaraki - as soon as the snow pushes to the Ibaraki border it stops, like there's an invisible anti-snow force field! Just a few flakes in Tsukuba thus far, but 40 miles away in Kumagaya almost a foot of snow already!

OMG. OMG.

We have had no word of a lie and not an exageration but we have got about 2 metres of snow fall here and it is still puking.

Even Kofu has had well over 1 metre of snow.

Tokyo got nearly 30cm.

The roof quite steep so the snow keeps slipping off by its self especially on the south side.

The north side does slip so may have to get up on the roof and clear the snow if it does fall.

The sides of the house we have 4 metre gap each side so hopefully enough space.

But this amount of snow in a single go is surely a record for Yamanashi if not most parts of Japan.

Now out for a day of snow clearing.

Only good thing is the snow is light so maybe not as heavy as the snow that you guys get.

Yes im sure is a record.

Haha I remember saying last year that this side of the country woild get extremely heavy snow.

Well I recon I am not far out.

There is also another big storm although not like this one on its way next Wednesday into Thursday.

We have no snow at all in Tsukuba - it finally started coming down heavily at around midnight but turned back to rain within an hour.

Its looking like the storm coming on Wednesday might make a more southerly track meaning it might not hit as hard, but the precipitation is more likely to stay as snow.

Yamanashi should get another top up.....!

OMG. OMG.

We have had no word of a lie and not an exageration but we have got about 2 metres of snow fall here and it is still puking.

Even Kofu has had well over 1 metre of snow.

Tokyo got nearly 30cm.

Pics, or it didn't happen! ;)