Definitely still a few freshies to be found but snow is really heavy so trees are out for me might be hiking tomorrow unless we get some more snow

Goz that run through the trees to the Cafeteria is tracked out

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell them you've registered rainjapan.com and are moving the site over. Your logo can be a telephone box in the middle of a huge puddle.

Deeeeep day at Sapporo Kokosai. Easily mid thigh in places. Deepest day of the trip for sure.

Heading back up the hill today......beautiful bluebird today, no new snow but there'll be plenty left from yesterday in the trees   Got a mate in tow as his flight was cancelled yesterday and he ha

Drove over the Chriselle's neighbourhood today for a surf and was surprised to see 30-40cms of snow (maybe more?) in Izu. I've never seen it like that before. Also, there were at least a dozen cars that people had abandoned in the middle of the road. What the **** is up with that? Even at 2:30 when I was coming home there were still a few of them left. I hope at the very least people who do that kind of shit get a firm telling off by the cops!

If anyone is wondering, the waves were awesome today!

:D

We took the risk and drove to Tomamu way.. and it seems we found the new fresh snow in Hokkaido. Over 5cm here already and it looks like it's setting in for the night. Fingers crossed by tomorrow morning should be a nice covering.

I've never seen a front here where the snow comes from the east/south before. Have a look at the JMA radar...

Drove over the Chriselle's neighbourhood today for a surf and was surprised to see 30-40cms of snow (maybe more?) in Izu. I've never seen it like that before. Also, there were at least a dozen cars that people had abandoned in the middle of the road. What the **** is up with that? Even at 2:30 when I was coming home there were still a few of them left. I hope at the very least people who do that kind of shit get a firm telling off by the cops!

I had that problem yesterday trying to drive around stuck cars, and even I pulled some out the way so I could bloody well get past. The police were there fluffing around trying do dig out 2WD cars that were obviously bogged down in the snow and had sod all chance of going anywhere. In the end the police gave in and went home.

Today I also saw loads stuck in snow, lorries too. Most of the cars / lorries were either from Tokyo and surrounds or from other areas of Yamanashi.

Thankfully most of the locals seem to not get them selves stuck. It is annoying though, because I had no problem driving through the snow, but had to wait and even help just so I can get by

I had that problem yesterday trying to drive around stuck cars, and even I pulled some out the way so I could bloody well get past. The police were there fluffing around trying do dig out 2WD cars that were obviously bogged down in the snow and had sod all chance of going anywhere. In the end the police gave in and went home.

Today I also saw loads stuck in snow, lorries too. Most of the cars / lorries were either from Tokyo and surrounds or from other areas of Yamanashi.

Thankfully most of the locals seem to not get them selves stuck. It is annoying though, because I had no problem driving through the snow, but had to wait and even help just so I can get by

Hey Snowdude.... I drove through your area yesterday. Coming back from Myoko the Chuo was closed from Suwa and the main road Route 20 was jammed up so I got into the back back roads up where you are. You sure did get a bunch of snow but the Beast Cruiser loved it. It's one time I wished for independent front suspension though as solid axle is pretty rough on the washboard snow roads. Took me ten hours to get home.

Ya..BM.....the mountain here got a fair bit of snow. All the stuck cars were gone when I got home late last night.

Interesting story........When I was going over that pass between Kofu and Fuji about 9:00 last night there was a light delivery truck blocking the road. The cops were there trying to figure out what to do so I offered my assistance. I had my offroad recovery gear in the back so I hooked him up, dropped into low, locked up the differentials and pulled him out of the way. Even got some cheers from the other cars in line....haha...

LONG trip home though.

That Chuo should never, ever, EVER....be closed....all that traffic going back to Tokyo has no where to go. Ironically, it closes at a whiff of snow. Monday morning and it's still closed.....

Its amazing that they don't seem to have any contingency plans for winter weather conditions in the Kanto area. In the UK (most parts of which get winters no worse than the pacific coast of Japan), when temperatures are below zero there are gritters out on all of the main roads (and quite a few of the more minor roads). I haven't seen any gritters at all in Kanto - even the main roads here in Tsukuba are just left to the elements. Black ice all over the place.

Weather like Saturday's would still cause massive problems in the UK but the authorities would at least try to do some prep work for it. It didn't seem like anything at all was done here - they just told people to stay at home.

I guess they just don't budget for it.

Chuo seems to be finally opened but still sections of the Fujigoko that goes around Mt. Fuji are still closed... For those of you using the expressways this is the reference site to see what's open or closed..... jartic.or.jp Just click on the area you want info for.

They opened the Chuo last night finally.

Bulldozers were running late last night on route 17 here in Kobuchisawa trying in vain to clear the snow from the roads. It is frozen solid was -11 last night so the snow is like concrete.

Here they seem to bulldoze bits and pieces with no real plan. Maybe not enough bulldozers or something. But the snow will not be cleared from the roads before the next storm Friday. My car is on 4WD all the time.

The gritted all the roads before it snowed but it is so cold snd snowed to heavy it just settled on top of the grit and froze.

Thing is heavy snow around this area is normal so everyone tells me so you would think they would be more prepared.

The motorway not being open for two days though wtf.

We arrived at Tokyo Narita on 6am Sunday - bad timing.......

Flights coming in all day but none going out, trains not running, roads to airport closed.

Managed to get out of the airport at 8pm on a train that took 3 hrs to get into Tokyo due to the backlog of stranded trains ahead.

Lets hope some falls on the resorts, I don't want to have a holiday where the biggest snowfall I saw was in Tokyo !!!!

Heading back up the hill today......beautiful bluebird today, no new snow but there'll be plenty left from yesterday in the trees :)

Got a mate in tow as his flight was cancelled yesterday and he has a bonus day on the snow

• Like 1

Heading back up the hill today......beautiful bluebird today, no new snow but there'll be plenty left from yesterday in the trees :)

Got a mate in tow as his flight was cancelled yesterday and he has a bonus day on the snow

I'll be up there from about 12:30 if you're still around then. Looks like a beaut! A good day to explore!