I tend to use any free tickets at the end of the season when I wouldn't go otherwise. It's an easy way to justify getting a few more days on the slopes at the end of the season. Unforunately, that means that any reviews from me also come at the end of the season.

I agree with that. To me the giveaways are opportunities to learn about and try resorts that I might not go to or even be aware of otherwise, so in some sense they take a bit of a backseat in term of scheduling visits.

And not being based in Japan, it is mostly the learning about new resorts aspect for me, as I can realistically expect to go to most these places in my limited time there. So I only enter the giveaways where I think there is a good chance that I can actually go to the resort in question - basically Hokkaidou and Nagano areas for me this year.

Was lucky enough to win a ticket for Hoshino Tomamu and will definitely try my best to make it there during one of my two trips to Hokkaidou this year. Or I will make damn sure to pass it to somebody who will write a report

• SnowJapan Admin

Later on is fine of course.

But if you find that you cannot use it, we ask you please send it back to us and we will send it to someone else who entered and promised to post feedback. Thanks.

Later on is fine of course.

But if you find that you cannot use it, we ask you please send it back to us and we will send it to someone else who entered and promised to post feedback. Thanks.

Ok, noted.

As a lucky recipient of one of the Hanozono backcountry tour prizes I am absolutely frothing at the thought of getting out there and using it !!!

Will be in Hokkaido for w eek and a half starting next sunday - can't wait.

It would be downright rude of me not to give something back in the form of a review / report of the excellent experience which has been so kindly bestowed upon me.

Thanks again, and watch this space !!

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: