Hey SJ, I thought this was better in it's own thread rather than in one of the Giveaways posts but...... how's feedback on the Giveaways?

Winners posting reports and photos yet?

I have yet to win. :doh:

• SnowJapan Admin

Well, we have probably sent out over 100 tickets so far, so.... poor.

But, you know, it's still only January so people may not have used them yet. So we live in hope and in the belief that people will pull through. :friend:

And Bushiman lucked out on the Oze giveaway, so I'm gonna go there with him in February to check it out and we will write a joint review.

I keep hearing good things about tht place :D .

• Like 1
  • SnowJapan Admin

While posting on Facebooks etc as well is fine (but give SnowJapan a mention for providing the ticket hey), Facebooks etc are not the people who are going to all the trouble to arrange these Giveaways, spending a lot of time preparing it all and organising everything, or sending out lift tickets by post.

They are also not the people that people entering the Giveaways promise to post feedback with when they enter.

Apart from the fact that if we can't show skijo feedback on our site they might not be as willing to take part.... honestly if people can't be bothered giving feedback we won't feel particularly motivated to spend our time, effort and money doing this either. I know I hinted at something like that last season and we ended up going the whole hog again, but...

We'll see how it goes this season and go from there.

Of course, many thanks to the people who do write reviews and post photos - Giveaways-related or not. :friend:

• Like 1

I had to bail on going to Myoko last weekend but will be getting up there Feb. 8-9. I agree...ya gotta give something back. If you add up all the stamps to send these tickets out....it ain't pocket change....never mind the time and effort getting it all organized. Also...a donate button might generate a few shekels to lessen the burden.

While posting on Facebooks etc as well is fine (but give SnowJapan a mention for providing the ticket hey), Facebooks etc are not the people who are going to all the trouble to arrange these Giveaways, spending a lot of time preparing it all and organising everything, or sending out lift tickets by post.

They are also not the people that people entering the Giveaways promise to post feedback with when they enter.

Apart from the fact that if we can't show skijo feedback on our site they might not be as willing to take part.... honestly if people can't be bothered giving feedback we won't feel particularly motivated to spend our time, effort and money doing this either. I know I hinted at something like that last season and we ended up going the whole hog again, but...

We'll see how it goes this season and go from there.

Of course, many thanks to the people who do write reviews and post photos - Giveaways-related or not. :friend:

Yes, I should have elaborated. Very good point of course.

:thumbsup:

• SnowJapan Admin

This is probably a good place to mention one more thing I'd like to point out.

Reviews do not need to be positive.

Honest? Yes please.

But need to be only positive? No.

We're into the 'telling it like it is thing' kind of thing on this here website.

As long as it's not over the top hatred, a less than positive review is fine - if that's what you think about a place you visit.

Thanks.

Haven't had a chance to get up to Hokkaido yet, but wasn't planning on it until February anyway. Got two other resorts to review as well.

Don't want the reasons SnowJapan doesn't do giveaways next season is because of me! Gonna dump some reviews here soon. ^_^

I would hazard a guess that the freeloaders are those who only register to enter the giveaway, and once they score they'll disappear until next year with a new registration to have a chance to score some more.

• SnowJapan Admin

We do try to avoid that.

People who sign up and make a meaningless post simply to be able to enter are quite obvious - they usually can't be bothered to make any kind of effort to cover that up.

(Mostly because of the deep meaning of most posts on here!)

:grandpa:

***** Disclaimer: But of course, it's all completely random.

I won some tickets to Ninox. I am waiting for some snow to use them. It has been down right hot up here the last couple of weeks. Today is 10C and rain here in Shibata City. Seriously, this is April weather.

I have pictures from some earlier visits though so if things don't improve soon I will whack them up here with a review.

I am planning to go to Myoko sometime in February, just not sure when yet, my daughter is rather busy, and this Sunday she has a ski race competition at our local jo, 9th she has a presentation, so hopefully one of the remaining weeks. I don't want to leave it until March unless I can help it.

:-(

I didn't win a ticket this year but looking forward to hearing reports from

those who did, hope you get good conditions so you can rub it in good in your report,

especially those who won the NPG prize.

• SnowJapan Admin

Had over 30 new Reviews this month which is good. Let's hope it continues.

Tachypsychia posted two good long ones and less well known places yesterday (thanks!)

http://www.snowjapan.com/japan-ski-resort-reviews/detail/1956

http://www.snowjapan.com/japan-ski-resort-reviews/detail/1955

I tend to use any free tickets at the end of the season when I wouldn't go otherwise. It's an easy way to justify getting a few more days on the slopes at the end of the season. Unforunately, that means that any reviews from me also come at the end of the season.