Did a search but couldn't find any recent info so starting a new thread, I hope you don't mind

Just wondering if anyone can help me work out where there are half pipes in Tohoku. I've never tried one before and keen to give it a go. Going up the sides of the runs at Appi isn't satisfying enough.

I think there's one at Nekoma, Fukushima? Can anyone help me out here?

Fukushima seems to be the go..How about places with good quarters then?

I did hear a small resort in Akita has a half but I can't remember which one?

I was at Jangle Jungle, Yamagata on the weekend and there was kind-of a mini, natural bank/half thing. It wasn't very fun.

I don't think Nekoma has a halfpipe. Alts, Listel and Daikura used to, but none of them do now.

Actually don't know of anywhere in Fukushima that has one now.

Hunter Mtn in Tochigi still has a couple, one large and one small.

Cheers for the info. Nagano is a bit far from Iwate for a weekend trip.

I just checked the JSBA tournament schedule and in March they have a few half pipe events in Fukushima and Yamagata, hopefully those pipes are open to the public before/after the tournaments.

There is one in Oguni town in Yamagata, quite close to the border of Niigata. It is a tiny resort and I have never been there. I met a few people at the local skate park that make the trip up (from northern Niigata) just for the half pipe. http://www.snowjapan.com/japan-ski-resorts/yamagata/oguni/yokone

Once again, I have never ridden there so can't say whether it is worth the mission. Maybe you can find some footage on youtube or something to give you a better idea. The place is

called 横根 (yokone).

Okutadami in Niigata have one. They are closed at the moment but will open again in late March for the spring season. I think the half pipe is only open from spring. I have heard their park area is pretty good too.

http://www.snowjapan.com/japan-ski-resorts/niigata/uonuma/okutadami-maruyama

Edited by SJ-David
I have changed the links to the resort pages on SnowJapan. You can get to the resort site that way. It helps support us. Thanks.

Not Nagano, but Aizu Kogen Nango, in Fukushima.

Though if you are driving via the Tohoku Expressway from Iwate, Hunter Mtn is actually a bit quicker to get to.

Not Nagano, but Aizu Kogen Nango, in Fukushima.

Though if you are driving via the Tohoku Expressway from Iwate, Hunter Mtn is actually a bit quicker to get to.

Ah misread that, my bad. Will check out the site and the distances. Cheers

I'll check out the super pipe too, I'm not that super so it might be a bit big.

In the Hakuba valley, Hakuba 47 ski area has a half pipe.

Hakuba Norikura used to have two but have not opened them this year. They mentioned that they are expensive to maintain.