• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many are Mt Granview sending?

The ladies board slopestyle ladies all seemed quite pretty.

But... but... but surely, she only had the accident because she was wearing a helmet!!     Moguls are mad. People who do them must be too. Or have special knees. Possibly both!

Other impressions:

Ski slopestyle looks...too easy... (Not that I could do it!) Snowboard slopestyle looks more exciting.

Snowboard cross is good, comparable to ski downhill events. Have a feeling ski cross will not be as good -- but looking forward to nonetheless.

Cross-country: yawn. And I used to do cross-country skiing....

Curling: more interesting than expected. But invariably discover that while I was hooked on watching the curling event, I was missing some downhill event.

Ah man....ya gotta watch some mens hockey!! I'm the opposite on the slopestyle....skiing looks way cooler.

Canada are rampant at the curling

:thumbsup: :wave: I LOVE playing the game....specially after a few drinks but watching it is a bit tedious.... like golf for me. The last few ends are about all I can take.

The Japanese mens' cross country team were disqualified during the 4x10km relay because they looked like they were about to be lapped at the final changeover. The anchorman wasn't allowed to race. Unlike most of the Japanese team who belong to a university or a company team, the bloke in question did a lot of fundraising, including lots of small donations from individuals. The guy's name is Akira Lenting. He's dad's from NZ but the family lives in Shinanomachi. So he got to Sochi through lots of people's support, all just so some judge could stop him competing. Apparently the Japanese team got their skis and wax setup all wrong, but they wouldn't have been lapped if the race had been on a course that was 5 or 10km long.

:lol:

Was just watching the NHK news segment on the ski jump guy that also competed in Nagano 98, showed his jump there and both me and my wife commented at the same time..."look! A Winter Olympics where it actually snows"

Other impressions:

Ski slopestyle looks...too easy... (Not that I could do it!) Snowboard slopestyle looks more exciting.

Snowboard cross is good, comparable to ski downhill events. Have a feeling ski cross will not be as good -- but looking forward to nonetheless.

Cross-country: yawn. And I used to do cross-country skiing....

Curling: more interesting than expected. But invariably discover that while I was hooked on watching the curling event, I was missing some downhill event.

Ah man....ya gotta watch some mens hockey!! I'm the opposite on the slopestyle....skiing looks way cooler.

Have to admit, never really got into hockey. Would probably be fun to play, but to watch... too komakai. Kind of like basketball.

As for slopestyle, the boarders looked like they were really struggling to get through their routines, wriggling around like giant worms trying to escape a bird's beak. The skiers looked like they were just having a chill day horsing around... Not for me to really judge, but had to give the boarders the nod on apparent exertion required merely to stay in one piece.

:lol:

Was just watching the NHK news segment on the ski jump guy that also competed in Nagano 98, showed his jump there and both me and my wife commented at the same time..."look! A Winter Olympics where it actually snows"

I heard something that said Sochi was warmer than 10 out of the last 12 hosts of the Summer Olympics.

(I guess on a given day)

Did they always put awful looking blue paint on the snow for downhill?

Why?

Can't they just tell the skiers.....ski between the two flags, ok?

It's to give course definition in case the light goes flat.

The figure skaters should get points knocked off for insincerity too.

Mao Asada, instant her last pose finishes and it's '**** that'.

The tv programs are all serious face and hmmmm this morning too hey.

Find it quite funny myself.