• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many are Mt Granview sending?

The ladies board slopestyle ladies all seemed quite pretty.

But... but... but surely, she only had the accident because she was wearing a helmet!!     Moguls are mad. People who do them must be too. Or have special knees. Possibly both!

Yes. All the teams are stacked with the best players. But, you also have to have a few playmakers to make it a "team". Some of teams gel together as players but some don't. Team Canada is often like that with an all star roster but fail as a team. Ya have to remember that all these teams come together just a few days before the games start. Also there is a lot of pressure from NHL team owners to not have their players risk injury. It's a dream for every young player to win the Stanley cup but the dream of Olympic gold glory is right up there as well.

Yes the yanks won....although I think Russia is a much better team. But that's the way it goes in Olympic hockey.

Japan just lost curling (again), this time to Canada

The women's 20km cross country skiing is now on......10 degrees C over there today!! Crazy!!

I saw on local tv a few months ago that Sapporo might be applying for the 2022 or 2026 Winter Olympics!! (I forget which one!)

Japan just lost curling (again), this time to Canada

The women's 20km cross country skiing is now on......10 degrees C over there today!! Crazy!!

I saw on local tv a few months ago that Sapporo might be applying for the 2022 or 2026 Winter Olympics!! (I forget which one!)

Yeah the mayor was on TV last month saying that he was gonna decide soon whether to bid for it or not

But they don't even have palm trees in Sapporo, do they?

I think there are a couple in the Botanical garden greenhouse

But they don't even have palm trees in Sapporo, do they?

I think there are a couple in the Botanical garden greenhouse

Oh, well that's all right then. They're qualified.

The last time in Sapporo, they held the downhill on a temporary course cut out on a mountain. You can just about make it out in the satellite photos from the trees they planted once it finished. They're different from the trees on the rest of the mountain.

BTW, is there a skijump in Niseko?

Only a small one at the hill in Kutchan.

I wonder where they would find a course long and steep enough for a downhill in the Sapporo area, or anywhere in Hokkaido?

Unless they tore down all the trees and rebuilt the lift on Eniwadake!?