As for snow, it's my understanding that Sochi is the warmest place they've ever held the winter olympics.

The palm trees might have been the give-away.

There are palm trees in Vancouver as well.

So much friggin curling on the schedule to be televised. Meanwhile the Olympics premier sport...men's hockey....is barely going to be aired. And the games they do air are the crap teams...I've been trying all the VPN trickery but none of it seems to work well at all. F'ing bummed...

All the matches are on the NHK website. http://olympic.nhk.or.jp/online-listing/day=2014-02-11/index.html

I'm pretty sure they are airing them without commentary so you'll miss all the comments about tall foreigners.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many are Mt Granview sending?

The ladies board slopestyle ladies all seemed quite pretty.

But... but... but surely, she only had the accident because she was wearing a helmet!!     Moguls are mad. People who do them must be too. Or have special knees. Possibly both!

As for snow, it's my understanding that Sochi is the warmest place they've ever held the winter olympics.

The palm trees might have been the give-away.

There are palm trees in Vancouver as well.

Yes, and as I recall Vancouver was nearly a disaster too, snow-wise, wasn't it?

(Aren't Vancouver and Sochi known as places people go to get AWAY from winter?)

But I'm sure Pyeongchang will have none of these problems. :shifty:

Tubby thats an interesting question and Ive wondered the same - they seem to always start off with "so and so regular stance hidari ashi mae " etc etc

Anywau its all good - the dead heat in the womens downhill was unbelievable !