I'd rather they didn't have to break anything if they want to get in. Everything we have inside the house is adequately insured. If they're that desperate they're welcome to it. Still we've not locked the doors to our houses now for over 10 years. Never had anything stolen.

Be careful with that. Would your insurance pay out if you had left the windows and doors open? Especially after broadcasting the fact on the internet?

In my experience (admittedly not in Australia), insurance companies will have small print stating that all possible measures must be taken to secure a property, or the insurance will be invalid. Hence policy premiums are cheaper if you have alarms/sophisticated locks etc.

I dont have a security system........nor a door key, we have a numbered key pad that we type a code into to open our front door

what happens when the batteries die? Does it fail safe and unlock itself?

I'd rather they didn't have to break anything if they want to get in. Everything we have inside the house is adequately insured. If they're that desperate they're welcome to it. Still we've not locked the doors to our houses now for over 10 years. Never had anything stolen.

Be careful with that. Would your insurance pay out if you had left the windows and doors open? Especially after broadcasting the fact on the internet?

In my experience (admittedly not in Australia), insurance companies will have small print stating that all possible measures must be taken to secure a property, or the insurance will be invalid. Hence policy premiums are cheaper if you have alarms/sophisticated locks etc.

Bet that small print is the cause of lots of arguments!