• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No it is not Ozzie day it is Australia Day and Mr Adam Goodes is not the Ozzie of the year, Mr Adam Goodes is Australian of the Year. Yet another inept cultural insensitive comment. HIstory show that

Much as I love the snow based discussion here, I think I am going to take a little holiday.   Online or not, the members here are human beings. I wouldn't treat any of you the way you post if we we

Hate is hate. Hate begets hate. Don't condone any of it - in either direction.   Personally, I'll be spending Australia Day with a large group through our sporting club. Kids from the other side o

Rain in nagano today :-(

Makes me feel like I am in AU again except there arent any cars driving around with Australian flags that attach to the car window or australian flag rear view mirror covers.

Actually, for many of us there is a lot of good about Australia Day this year.

Including, but not limited to, Adam Goodes.

Try telling that to the Noogars, Murruys, Koories, Moslams, Indians, Asian, any other nationalise immigrants that we don,t deserve the Tag Dumb,Drunk and Racist country.

Hate is hate. Hate begets hate.

Don't condone any of it - in either direction.

Personally, I'll be spending Australia Day with a large group through our sporting club.

Kids from the other side of Australia that have been living with us for a week, fierce adversaries who have found common ground and trained together as mates with our kids. Multiple nationalities, multiple skin colours, multiple accents - every one of them delighted to be here and be spending time in this group.

Yep, there are national disgraces, but. I am choosing to celebrate MY Australia today.

Friends who are more like family. My Spanish son who is so thankful to be here with us, my Russian friends celebrating their Australian nationality, my mother in law and her Noongar partner....

I am celebrating the family and friends that I love and are here today, and I'll be remembering my beautiful god daughter whose ashes have just arrived back in Australia today, who loved the fireworks, and isn't with us this year.

Spending your life hating, judging and pointing the accusatory finger is great if that is what floats your boat. But it doesn't bring about change. Loving, forgiving, shining a light of happiness and joy in a world often devoid of it is a much better option IMHO and one I will choose to take.

So Happy Australia Day to those who choose to live here.

Happy Australia Day to those overseas who have fond memories of their time here.

And have a wonderful day to those who don't and haven't ....May your day be filled with joy and happiness.

• Like 1

Oh yeah we have sooo much to be proud of at the moment MB since that fcucking piece of shite Abbott got elected. Just a wonderful society we live here.

Australian's, we're just so loving and forgiving and are really shining a light of happiness and joy on the world currently.....yeah maybe not.

• Like 1

Hate is hate. Hate begets hate.

Don't condone any of it - in either direction.

Personally, I'll be spending Australia Day with a large group through our sporting club.

Kids from the other side of Australia that have been living with us for a week, fierce adversaries who have found common ground and trained together as mates with our kids. Multiple nationalities, multiple skin colours, multiple accents - every one of them delighted to be here and be spending time in this group.

Yep, there are national disgraces, but. I am choosing to celebrate MY Australia today.

Friends who are more like family. My Spanish son who is so thankful to be here with us, my Russian friends celebrating their Australian nationality, my mother in law and her Noongar partner....

I am celebrating the family and friends that I love and are here today, and I'll be remembering my beautiful god daughter whose ashes have just arrived back in Australia today, who loved the fireworks, and isn't with us this year.

Spending your life hating, judging and pointing the accusatory finger is great if that is what floats your boat. But it doesn't bring about change. Loving, forgiving, shining a light of happiness and joy in a world often devoid of it is a much better option IMHO and one I will choose to take.

So Happy Australia Day to those who choose to live here.

Happy Australia Day to those overseas who have fond memories of their time here.

And have a wonderful day to those who don't and haven't ....May your day be filled with joy and happiness.

Adam Goodes Australian of the Year acceptance Speech

http://youtu.be/3EV-cLb_Ttg

We are ALL guilty of ignorance and this is what this speech is about. Stoping it !!! Notice that Mr Goodes did not mention the fact that he was a proud Australian but a Proud Indigious member of this land!!

Happy Australia Day

Wherever you are and whatever colour, cread and background celebrate our great country and try to be nice to everyone.

We live in one of the best countrys in the world (apart from the lack of snow in Western Australia)

Peace and Goodwill to everyone

• Like 1

We are ALL guilty of ignorance and this is what this speech is about. Stoping it !!! Notice that Mr Goodes did not mention the fact that he was a proud Australian but a Proud Indigious member of this land!!

OK.

Now... I like Adam Goodes.

There's a very small genetic component that is indigenous to 'this land' in my boys.

But 'this land' is called Australia, so he is a proud indigenous Australian.

I was born here. To a born Australian mother and naturalised Australian father.

I am not indigenous. Can I not be happy about living here? About being a member of this land also.

I agree...everyone (that includes those being judgemental here) has levels of ignorance, and dare I say arrogance.

We would all be better served by opening our minds and our hearts and learning constantly.

No one is perfect. But your world is going to be a better place when you project open, caring, understanding inclusivity.

I don't understand why it is OK to be hateful and venomous to good people just because they have white skin and round eyes any more than it is to be hateful to people because their skin is brown or their eyes shaped like almonds... That's our external physical appearance and not what makes us who we are...

Not every Aussie is a badly behaved bogan.

You know, grown up people can have different beliefs and views and still enjoy one another's company :lol:

• Like 1

So, seemore, what makes a country one of the best in the world then? Do tell.

Poor Ugadans. They must be quite upset.

Weather is a big one.

A good economy so people are employed eg: safety, low crime rate no obvious class structures

good public health care, good schoolin,g equality (kind of)

No oppression freedom to do as you please

Diverse landscapes open space decent town planning

Clean Oceans good surf open areas park

What would you say is a great country GG?

• Like 1