Tanigawadake Tenjindaira (Minakami, Gunma) - 24th January 2014

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have had my eye on today since earlier this week as it was always looking like it would clear up and be fab weather. The question was.... where to go. I found myself on the Kanetsu this morning g

Avalanche! Will make a different thread on that...                  

onehunga   As you can tell, some of the things about it really are irritating. I don't do the hiking thing so for me the only reason to go here is the location and scenery, as it's just a really

Great photos. I was thinking about making a day trip from Kusatsu to there. However I think the lift issues would have me spitting the dummy and spoiling my day. Will have to day trip somewhere else instead.

onehunga

As you can tell, some of the things about it really are irritating.

I don't do the hiking thing so for me the only reason to go here is the location and scenery, as it's just a really small place.

Perhaps they know people will go anyway for the hiking and the location, so they don't need to put any kind of effort into it.

I don't know, it's just odd.

Just once a year I think, on a day like today.

• Like 1

Oh yes one thing worth mentioning, before 19th January they open on weekdays at 8am.

I don't know why the 19th has significance but...

Also on weekends they open 7am.

Of course add the ticket window and slow gondola times on to those for a realistic starting time! ;) Though I think the gondola speeds up when they are busy.

Still, it is strange the late opening and I can imagine frustrating. I have always gone once it is already open so not encountered it.

I was driving to Okutone for some after work nighta and wondered if you might have been/were up at Tenjin. I guess the answer was yes! Not quite the same but I at least got to see Tanigawa before the sunset. Not as impressive but Okutone gives you an interesting angle. Beautiful set of pics as always!