Just 1 or 2 on a quad lift, holding up the queue... mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

It should be banned, especially at busy periods. It drives me nuts - am I alone in getting worked up seeing this at almost every resort?

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Yep makes my race car go into the red too....

I posted this Yesterday under another header.

"Try Happo-one at New Years when the wind has closed the top of the mountain squeezing everyman and his screaming kid on the archiac slow lifts Happo has at the bottom.

Its a nightmare especially when the useless lifties seem more interested in smiling, brushing the chair and saying "dozo" instead of grouping poeple to ensure every chair is departing fully loaded.

2 January there were a couple of hundred at the bottom of Sakihana Quad and yet there were chairs going up with one or two poeple on them.

All credit however to 47 and the single lane they have at their Quad."

Why should this happen? Very strange when you think of the culture. I mean they really cram people into the rush hour trains no probs.... (how many salarymen can you put into a telephone box? More than you'd ever imagine)

Would have to agree. Lift line organization in Japan leaves something to be desired. Seems like it is basically a free-for-all with the agressive crowd taking advantage of the "overly polite" crowd. Went to Hakuba 47 in early December and the lift lines were an absolute joke.

They need resort employees to organize the lines and make sure the chairs are full. Seems like common sense since most everything else in Japan is planned and organized so well.

yeah it REALLY bugs me, esp when people seem to get a bit antsy when a single person (me) joins their 3some on a quad. Big thumbs up to 47 for the single person line but really the lifties should be a bit more proactive. They were packing people into the gondola at Nozawa like sardines though which is nice to see but not so nice to ride...

I was behiend a lady at Nozawa today and despite the big queue wanted a chair all to herself. Stupid selfish so said some nasty words in English and hoped she wouldnt understand my accent

I hate this too. Some resorts are worse than others though. When I was at Naeba last year, it was the really busy Feb holidays and they were letting 1 or 2 people on the quads, even 2 in a gondola - very annoying.

ahhhh...it infuriates me...I can't stand it...

Last time I went to Hunter I almost grabbed one of the lifties, ready to slug him for his incompetence, but held back...

It's like sheep hearding...everyone to the gates...if they only put in some ropes to form lines that alone would do wonders...

ok...I can't talk about this anymore, or else I will get too angry...grrrr mad.gif

danz

I think it was at Zao, but I remember a resort being really strict about it and forcing people to get on a lift with strangers. It made a big difference to the lines,

I like it - at Geto there is a singles line with no one in it so I (and a couple of friends) can walk straight to the front of the line and all fit into a gondola which only has 3 people in it.

I always like to meet new people, and bring out the cheesy snacks on a lift journey with strangers. The strangers more often than not come round and the cheese - as always - brings people together (fun, tasty and nutritious as it is).

Have to say i've been lucky with lift queues at resorts i've visited so far this year...but when i was at Niseko, i was usually riding the gondola and didn't have any hesitation in walking round people and getting in a gondola that was less than full. Never met any hostility from the people in the queue as they were waiting for the next one and met some cool people in the gondola.....i can see how this practice might be a bit harder though in a chair lift line...